If you would like to deliver a local training course to support Primary Care to deliver excellent sexual and reproductive healthcare, you should consider becoming one of our SRH Essentials Facilitators.
For more details on the requirements to become a course facilitator and the associated responsibilities, please see our Guide to becoming a course facilitator
The SRH Essentials Course is aimed specifically at healthcare practitioners working in primary care settings. It provides an interactive day of up to date, evidence based learning to those needing an introduction to SRH and also provides a useful update for more experienced staff. These courses are delivered in a variety of locations across the UK.
The planning and delivery of an SRH Essentials Course requires time, commitment and resources.
There are two Facilitator roles involved in the delivery of Essentials, one of which is the Lead Facilitator. These work closely together before, during and after the course.
Please note: All facilitators must be experienced clinicians actively working in SRH, and must have some education and training experience. It is desirable that one facilitator has experience working in a Primary Care setting. This will be mandatory for all courses taking place after December 2019.
For further information on SRH Essentials, contact us: 020 7724 5675 or email email@example.com
To become an Essentials Facilitator you must:
- Be a current Associate, Diplomate or Member, or Fellow, or hold a recognised CASH qualification
- Actively involved in clinical SRH
- Have some experience of delivering education and training
- Faculty Registered Trainers (FRTs) need to confirm that they have watched the webinar.
- Non FRTs must confirm they have either observed or attended an Essentials course and must also watch the webinar.
Please note: The webinar was developed to support SRH Essentials for Practice Nurses, so it does not directly relate to SRH Essentials Primary Care. However it will still support you in understanding the content and context of SRH Essentials, and how to facilitate the course.
It is desirable that at least one facilitator per course has experience working in a Primary Care setting within the last 2 years. This will become a requirement for courses taking place after December 2019.
Roles and Responsibilities
All facilitators are expected to:
- Ensure they meet the entry criteria to become a facilitator
- Prepare to teach – work with the other facilitators to familiarise yourself with the content, including determining teaching roles for the programme.
- Deliver an Essentials course – this can be delivered in a single day or over multiple days as separate sessions.
- Provide and encourage feedback – from learners, other facilitators and yourself
- Abide by the FSRH’s Intellectual Property Rights Policy (see below)
Lead Course facilitators are, in addition, expected to:
- Organise and promote an Essentials course- including venue, facilities, preparation of materials, catering, etc.
- Inform the FSRH of any Essentials courses that you are delivering, and fill in the Essentials Course form to provide details for the FSRH Events Page
- Post course actions – provide the FSRH with delegate details, pay the FSRH once invoiced
How to Apply
Once you have met the entry criteria, please apply to become a facilitator via the form below:
SRH Essentials Facilitator application form
Applicants must wait for approval from the FSRH before organising courses.
There is no charge to become a facilitator. You will not be charged to observe or attend courses, or to watch the webinar.
You do not need to pay for access to the teaching materials.
Please note the FSRH will not cover expenses.
Compliments and Complaints
If you have any feedback about our Essentials courses, please visit our compliments and complaints page.
Intellectual Property Rights
All intellectual property rights for any FSRH course including documents, materials and content belonging to and produced by the FSRH should not be used for purposes other than FSRH training. Should you wish to use any of the IPR for purposes other than FSRH training you must seek the FSRH’s approval in writing with your request via our copyright request form. We aim to respond to submissions of this nature within one working week.
Personal Beliefs Guidance
Please ensure you read the FSRH Personal Beliefs Guidance in advance of the course.
Course Visits and Evaluation
The FSRH reserve the right to visit any SRH Essentials course as part of a quality assurance process. We also encourage feedback from learners, facilitators (online) and between facilitators. Please complete the online evaluation following the course.