Are you a GP, GUM or nurse working in SRH in Northern Ireland?
Date: 17 May 2022
Type: FSRH News and Information
Would you like to use your skills and experience to drive standards of SRH care in the nation? We are looking for a General Practitioner, a Genitourinary Medicine (GUM) professional and a Nurse to join the FSRH Northern Ireland Committee. This is an unpaid role. Deadline for applications is 28 June 2022.
The Northern Ireland Committee is one of our devolved nations committees. The Northern Ireland committee functions to represent Northern Ireland-based FSRH members at Council meetings, to relay information to members and to promote their engagement with FSRH. The Committee provides FSRH with an understanding of the Northern Irish context and challenges.
What is in it for you?
- Build your professional network and enhance your profile
- Work to improve standards and outcomes in SRH in Northern Ireland
- Contribute to local, regional and national policy development and implementation
- Gain experience of sitting on a cross-organisational group
- Take best practice ideas back to your practice
- Champion the work of FSRH and raise our profile in Northern Ireland
Who are we looking for?
- You are a GP, GUM professional or nurse working in SRH in Northern Ireland
- You can attend up to three meetings per year, with at least one in-person meeting at NIMDTA, Belfast. The dates are set a year in advance.
- Members usually need to spend around 1 hour reading the minutes and documents to prepare for each meeting. Documents are sent out a week before the meeting. There are actions generated during the meetings which can involve some work in between the meetings.
- You are a current FSRH member
The role is for a three-year term, with an option to serve a second three-year term, subject to the agreement of the FSRH Officers.
If you would like a no-obligation chat about the role and what is involved, please contact Dr Eveane Cubitt, Chair of the FSRH Northern Ireland Committee, at Eveane.Cubitt@northerntrust.hscni.net