An opportunity has arisen to apply for the role of chair of the Scotland Committee of FSRH. Please note, this application has now closed.
The Scotland Committee is one of the devolved nations committees of the Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare (FSRH). It exists to:
- Promote the work of the FSRH and raise the profile of FSRH in Scotland
- Provide FSRH with an understanding of the Scottish context and challenges which may be different from other devolved nations
- Support FSRH in identifying contextualising and responding to Scottish issues
- Support implementation of FSRH vision and FSRH policies
- Provide support for clinical leadership in SRH across territorial Health Boards
- Contribute to local, regional and national policy development and implementation
- To support best practice by contributing to and implementation of relevant standards, guideline and policy development
- Share good practice, ideas and challenges between members and to clinicians in SRH across Scotland
- Ensure SCFSRH is representative of Scottish members’ needs
- Run annual SRH update meeting for GP and other members in Scotland
- To act as expert resource for Scottish FSRH FRTs and general training TPDs as required
The chair’s main duties are to:
- Provide leadership to the committee in a manner that achieves an effective and efficient method of working and ensure it is appropriately structured including writing the agenda and chairing meetings ( x2 face-to-face per year)
- Co-create and implement the committee’s work plan ensuring SMART objectives
- Attend Council and communicate the work of the SCFSRH through timely production of minutes and quarterly activity reports for Council meetings
- Recruit appropriate members, aiming to keep the committee fully staffed. This includes attention to succession planning such that the committee continues to perform well during membership changes.
Full details available below - please download the Committee's Terms of Reference and Person Specification.
Please note this is an unpaid role.
This application process has now closed.