The FSRH International Committee is looking for two new members. The deadline to apply is Monday 25 January 2021
A new strategy
The International Committee has recently (October 2020) produced its new strategy, which sets out our ambition to strategically influence and educate at the international level. It complements the FSRH Strategic Plan 2020 - 2025.
While we are a UK-based organisation, we recognise that there is an unmet need and a potentially large audience of healthcare professionals internationally who could benefit from our educational offer, and no equivalent organisation providing the same offer in any other country. The recent COVID-19 pandemic has presented both challenges and opportunities in the way we work, with an increase in remote training opportunities and a chance to interact more easily via webinars/online events with global organisations.
Due to end of terms, we have two vacancies.
What does being part of the International Committee mean?
Being on a FSRH committee offers a number of benefits:
- Using your SRH skills in a different way
- Being part of a team of committed SRH professionals
- Developing a deeper understanding of FSRH's work
- Building your network
- Gaining experience for your own CPD
You will help us deliver on our international strategy which focuses on:
- Knowledge exchange through sharing learning
- System-change through advocacy
- Ensuring sustainability of our international work
Activities are likely to include:
- Developing online learning materials
- Developing relationships with relevant organisations across the world
- Taking part in FSRH events (mainly virtual)
- Feeding into grand bids for funding
Who are we looking for?
The idea candidates will have:
- An understanding and interest in SRH and its wider role in population health globally.
- Experience of developing and delivering medical education/e-learning to a wide range of audiences through multiple media.
- Experience of delivering SRH outside the UK or with SRH-related global links.
These two vacancies are open to all categories of FSRH members, and we'd particularly like to encourage members with the relevant experience based outside the UK to apply. Please see the role description below.
Please apply using this online form by 23.59 on Monday 25 January 2021. The committee will then review applications and we will feedback to applicants in February.
If you would like an informal and no obligation chat with the chair, Dr Nicky Morgan, please contact her via firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the deadline.