Interested in attending our eKA Standard Setting Training day - 27 June 2019?
Date: 14 May 2019
Type: FSRH News and Information
Are you interested in adding to your educational knowledge and skills? Attend our training day on the 27th June will help you learn more about Standard Setting techniques
The FSRH are running a Standard Setting training Day (for the ‘Ebel Grading’ method) for the eKA assessment on 27 June 2019, RCOG, London. It will be an excellent opportunity to meet new people and learn new skills around assessment standard setting.
The eKA is an online assessment that is used within several of the FSRH qualifications. It currently uses the ‘Modified Angoff’ technique and will be moving to the use of ‘Ebel Grading’. As such, the FSRH is calling for people who are both interested in learning new skills and putting those skills to work following the training.
The training will be delivered by Lucy Foard, FSRH’s consultant Psychometrician, and chaired by Dr Jenny Heathcote, the clinical lead for the eKA.
Why get involved?
The training and ongoing work will support your educational development, offering CPD opportunities to support your appraisals, teaching and assessments.
By the end of this session participants should be able to:
- Understand how to use the Ebel Grading method
- Understand how this differs to other common Standard Setting methodologies, including Modified Angoff (the current eKA methodology)
- Recognise and avoid common Standard Setting pitfalls
- Practise Standard Setting questions
FSRH volunteers are a hugely valued part of our work and this training will enable us to update and quality assure a key assessment of several of our qualifications. This work is managed by members of the FSRH Education & Training Team, and you will be supported by a dedicated Education Development Officer from the team.
Who can apply?
We need a range of healthcare professionals with a strong interest in healthcare education, including:
- CSRH trainees
- GP practice nurses.
- CSRH consultants
- SAS Doctors
What do we need from you?
We need people who have a keen interest in healthcare education and who are prepared to commit to the following:
- Attend the full standard setting training day on 27 June 2019 in London in the RCOG building (NW1 4RG).
- Complete several more hours independent work on standard setting questions in July 2019. You should be available to answer emails and work independently on this task.
- We need you to have some familiarity with our eKA assessment. Maybe you have written questions in the past, have had involvement in standard setting or maybe you have taken the eKA yourself.
- To stay involved after the end of July 2019 and be available for several hours a year to work remotely via email between now and July 2020.
How can I apply?
To register your interest in attending the training, please email Conor at email@example.com by 10am on Friday 7 June stating:
- your role (GP, Nurse, CSRH trainee, GP practice nurse etc)
- your knowledge and experience of the eKA to date
- confirming you are able to attend the standard setting day at our FSRH office on the 27 June 2019
We will respond to your application by 12 June 2019. We reserves the right to reject applicants to ensure a broad cross-section of healthcare professionals are represented.
Please note: All respondents need to be able to attend the full day on 27 June 2019 at our FSRH offices in London.