FSRH BASHH Integrated IT Group vacancy - can you help improve information governance?
Date: 02 Sep 2021
Type: FSRH News and Information
Are you a SRH healthcare professional who deals with information governance? Would you like to use your skills and experience to help improve IT/data governance within SRH and GUM integrated settings and national policy? Deadline 17.00, Sunday 3 October.
FSRH and BASHH set up this Group to help share best practice and to help input into national policy around data/IT in SRH/GUM settings. We are looking for a FSRH member who is a SRH healthcare professional to join the Group. This is an unpaid role.
What is in it for you?
- Build your experience of data/governance issues
- Input into national policy development
- Gain experience of sitting on a cross-organisational group
- Build your network
- Take best practice ideas back to your practice
Who are we looking for? Somebody that:
- Is a practicing SRH healthcare professional (any role) that has an interest in information governance
- Has SRHAD coding experience
- Can attend the three, two-hour meetings a year (which are virtual) – The meetings are usually held on a Friday afternoon and the dates are set a year in advance. Members usually need to spend around 1 hour reading the minutes and documents to prepare for each meeting. Documents are sent out a week before the meeting. There are actions generated during the meetings which can involve some work in between the meetings. For example, Public Health England wanted to update the Sexually Transmitted Disease Directions 2000 as they were not fit for purpose. The committee were asked to help write a new confidentiality statement.
- Is a current FSRH member
The role is for a three-year term.
If you are interested, please apply by filling in this online form by Sunday 3 October at 17.00.
If you would like a no-obligation chat about the role and what is involved, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline.