An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the BASHH/BHIVA/FSRH Mentoring Scheme Committee
About the BASHH/BHIVA/FSRH Mentoring Scheme
BASHH introduced a mentoring scheme in 2009 with the aim of supporting new consultants during their transition from trainee to consultant. We have received very positive feedback from newly appointed consultants about the benefits of the scheme. Since this time the scheme has expanded to merge with the British HIV Association (BHVA) to include doctors working mainly in HIV medicine and to include SAS doctors. More recently we have also expanded to include the Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Health (FSRH).
We now offer mentoring to the following doctors:
- New consultants within 18 months of their first post, including locums
- Consultants returning to work after a significant career break
- Established consultants who are undergoing a period of change (for example, as a result of tendering of services) who believe they may benefit from having a mentor
- SAS doctors at any stage of their career; this includes co-mentoring
About being the FSRH Representative for the Mentoring Scheme
- Members are expected to attend the BASHH/BHIVA/FSRH Mentoring Steering Committee meetings twice a year and contribute to the maintenance and further development of the Mentoring scheme.
- To contribute to the recruit and support of enough numbers of mentors to run the mentoring scheme effectively.
- To contribute to the organisation and delivery of the annual training course for new mentors.
- To contribute to the organisation of the on-going peer support for mentors (one or two peer support meetings per year).
- To facilitate pairing of mentees to mentors and make introductions and oversee the mentor / mentee relationship.
- To work with the Steering Committee to evaluate the effectiveness of the mentoring scheme.
- To arrange for advertising and marketing of information on the mentoring programme as appropriate
- To contribute to the production of the yearly business plan and annual report as required by the BASHH Board, BHIVA Executive Committee and FSRH Boards and FSRH Council and produce a short report at the end of each calendar year, in December.
For more information on the mentoring scheme please follow this link.
Please note, this vacancy is a voluntary role.
How to apply
Please read the role description in the attachment below.
Queries applications should be forwarded to Mitesh Chauhan email@example.com, Specialty Development Officer by no later than Friday 31 May 2019.
The designated FSRH lead will be appointed by the FSRH Education and Strategy Board (informed by the FSRH Specialty Advisory Committee [SAC]) .
Please apply here.