FSRH is offering four bursaries for those who wish to go on and apply to be an FSRH Registered Trainer. There are four bursaries of £500 each available.
The FSRH is currently undertaking a full review its Diploma and the new Diploma will be launched in Spring 2020. The FSRH has decided not to run the medical education course in 2019. The education course content must reflect the requirements of the new Diploma and this work is still ongoing. The next medical education course is provisionally planned for the first half of 2020. You can read the latest news about the Diploma here.
There have been recent changes to the FRT pathways. Apart from the Worcester Postgraduate course in Medical Education for Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare, we accept any of the following:
- Current GMC recognition as a GP trainer
- Current recognition as a GMC Recognised Trainer
- Successful completion of an NMC approved Nurse Mentorship in Practice Course and continued recognition via annual update.
- Successful completion of Academy of Medical Educators (AoME) accredited courses (within the last 5 years). We do not accept all AoME accredited courses and therefore may request additional information
- to support your application.
- Current Member or Fellow of the AoME. (Associate and Student membership not applicable.)
- Successful completion of an Advance Higher Education (Advance HE) accredited course (within the last 5 years). We may request additional information to support your application.
- Current Fellow, Senior Fellow or Principal Fellow of the HEA
- Awarded a Post Graduate Certificate in Medical/Clinical/Healthcare Education (within the last 5 years).
The FSRH will be offering 4 bursaries of £500 in relation to attendance at a medical education course and is for those who wish to go onto apply to be an FSRH FRT. (Application for these bursaries is only open to those who do not already hold FSRH Registered Trainer status).
There will be two rounds of applications open. The first deadline is 12 September 2019 and the second deadline is 12 November 2019.
Download the application form below to start your application, it should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadlines above.