ESC 2020: Abstracts for oral/poster process is open
Date: 25 Feb 2019
Type: Sexual and Reproductive Health News
The Organising and Scientific Committee of the 16th Congress of the European Society of Contraception and Reproductive Health invite all those involved in any aspect of contraception, sexual and reproductive health to actively participate by submitting abstracts, either for oral or poster presentation.
The theme of the 16th ESC Congress in Dublin in 2020 is “Let the conversation begin” Cultural and ethnic diversity in a changing world. The ESC, over time, has broadened its membership and geographic spread to reflect the demographics of those who provide and those who avail of our services. It takes place from 13 - 15 May 2020.
All abstracts will be evaluated and those accepted will be published in a Supplement of the European Journal of Contraception and Reproductive Health Care. As only a limited number of oral free communications can be accepted, authors are asked to indicate on their form whether they wish their abstract to be considered ONLY for oral free communication or poster presentation or for either option.
Topics for Free Communications and Posters
- Cultural and ethnic diversity in a changing Europe
- Contraception – all aspects
- Sexual health and sexual infections – all aspects
- Reproductive health pertaining to contraception and sexual health
- The role of: sexual Identity: gender; sexual orientation; pornography; FGM; sexual dysfunction
- Medico-legal issues; women’s, men’s and children’s rights; ethics
- The use of the Internet in social media; knowledge; education; self-testing; internet governance; data protection; telemedicine
- Service provision: roles and responsibilities of different health care professionals; new ways of providing services
- Psychosexual and mental health aspects of contraception, sexual and reproductive health
- Innovations, new discoveries and therapies in contraception and sexual and reproductive health
- Abortion – all aspects
- Contraceptive and sexual and reproductive health education and training of healthcare providers, users, family and friends – all aspects
The deadline to submit your abstract is 7 October 2019.
Read more about how to submit your abstract here.
Not an ESC member?
The annual membership cost is €60, which is generally more than the difference between the non-member and member rate for attending the ESC. You can find out more about ESC membership.