Dr Asha Kasliwal announced as FSRH President
Date: 27 May 2016
Type: FSRH News and Announcements
Clinical Director & Consultant in Community Gynaecology and Reproductive Health, Dr Asha Kasliwal has been elected as the new President of the FSRH. Asha is based at the Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and she takes up the Presidential office on July 28th 2016.
Message from Chris Wilkinson, President:
“I am delighted to announce that Dr Asha Kasliwal has been elected as the next President of the FSRH.
Asha was made President-elect during Council elections in May 2016, and will take up her appointment at the FSRH’s AGM on 28th July 2016.
Asha has been involved with the FSRH for over a decade initially as a member of the Clinical Standards Committee, then as its chair and over the last few years as Vice President (VP) for Clinical Standards. She has played an important role in leading on standards at the FSRH and in a leadership role as part of Council. She is both a Fellow of the FSRH and the RCOG.
She is an experienced SRH consultant who has lead significant change and improvement in the services she oversees in order to increase patient access, improve standards and keep and motivate staff; all against the a difficult backdrop of budget cuts and fragmentation of commissioning. She is also passionate about clinical standards and is a NICE specialist committee member working on ‘Quality Standards for Contraception’.
Asha has said her priorities once in office will be:
- Working in partnership with our members to implement the FSRH vision and ensure provision of high quality sexual and reproductive healthcare for all.
- Encouraging participation into the FSRH committees and work streams of our multidisciplinary membership especially nurses and GPs and be inclusive.
- Engaging effectively and build on our relationship with RCOG, RCGP, BASHH and other organisations.
- Maintaining and developing standards of care and training to support commissioners and SRH care professionals
- Working hard to promote FSRH as the ‘go to’ organisation for sexual and reproductive healthcare.
- Actively promoting and strengthing the FSRH’s partnerships with government organisations, policy makers & commissioners to influence future policies.
Chris Wilkson continues:
It has been an honour to be President of the FSRH for the last five years and I delighted to be handing over to Asha in July. I am confident the FSRH will continue to thrive under her leadership.”