David Bromham Seed Research Fund 2021 - launched
Date: 22 Jul 2021
Type: FSRH News and Information
The David Bromham Seed Research Fund 2021 of £4,500 will be awarded to a single recipient/representative of a research group, to support the development of sexual and reproductive healthcare research ideas. Deadline is 1 October 2021.
About the fund
The David Bromham Seed Research Fund 2021 of £4,500 will be awarded to a single recipient/representative of a research group, to support the development of sexual and reproductive healthcare research ideas. Dr David Bromham was a previous President of the FSRH and left us a gift after his death, so an award could be given in his name. There will be a second £4,500 grant in 2022.
Who is eligible to apply?
This fund is open to current FSRH members (including affiliate members)who are planning or are already undertaking research into sexual and reproductive healthcare.
What research projects are eligible?
We're looking for original research ideas that reflect priorities in sexual and reproductive health and its care, specifically on topics related to contraception, abortion and reproductive health and well-being. The research project could have already started (from 1 January 2021 onwards) and funding is required for additional stages.
Funds may be used for salary or non-salary costs and a variety of activities including, but not limited, to:
• collaborative workshops
• patient and public involvement
• scoping reviews
• preparatory research, including secondary analysis of data and some qualitative interviews to inform research proposals
A group of experienced researchers in the SRH Clinical Studies Group will review the blind applications and chose the recipient.
• have clearly defined aims and objectives
• be feasible within timeframe and budget
• consider any ethical issues
• constitute original research
• be unsupported by any other grant awarding body.
• contribute to the greater understanding of SRH and patient care at a local or national levels
• address a priority area in SRH
• lead to the development of a larger scale research project, with clearly defined outputs, OR supplements an existing research project and addresses a research question that is not covered by existing funds.
What it the time frame?
Grant applications are to be submitted by 10am on 1 October 2021. Decisions will be communicated by 1 November 2021. The winner will be publicly confirmed at our FSRH Virtual conference on 17 November, where they will be given a complimentary ticket to attend. The money will be paid to the recipient once confirmed.
What reporting is required?
A year after the grant is given, a short written report (no more than 1000 words) is required with plans for a funding application for a larger scale research project.
Where you mention the research, we ask that you reference the fund.
How to apply
This process has closed for 2021, please keep an eye on our website for the 2022 process.