Call for Applications: Clinical Lead, FSRH Diploma Review and Implementation Project
Date: 28 Nov 2017
Type: FSRH News and Information
The FSRH is seeking a Clinical Lead for the review and re-launch of the FSRH Diploma (DFSRH). This is an exciting opportunity to get involved, ensuring that the Diploma is fit for purpose, accessible and provides excellent levels of Medical education through learning and assessment.
The FSRH Diploma is made available for doctors and nurses who are already working in general practice, community and integrated sexual health services. The FSRH has recognised that the Diploma is in need of review to ensure that excellent standards of medical education and training are delivered and maintained, and that practitioners are competent and safe to practice e.g. the Peile Report 2012.
Currently a blended learning approach, it is intended that this will be maintained through online learning (currently e-SRH) which should form the main part of the learning and be further embellished through varying forms of classroom and work based learning, and of course, assessment. The quality of the learner journey will be at the core of this review. A final decision on the delivery and assessment methods will be dependent on the agreed curriculum and learning outcomes, which will be finalised following a detailed scoping and audit stage. It is here, that expressions of interest will be sought from those interested in contributing to the project through participation in the working group. This group will be led by the Clinical Lead and Project manager. The general direction of the Diploma and its changes will have been decided at this stage. This is an essential project to allow the FSRH to provide a curriculum and diploma that:
- is appropriate to the needs of the workforce
- is educationally robust
- addresses equality & diversity (relating to educational access by a range of learners)
- is evidence based
- is sustainable
- positively impacts on practice
- Clinical Lead for the review and re-launch of the FSRH Diploma (DFSRH) to encourage uptake through streamlining of assessment and learning to ensure that it is useful, educationally robust and accessible
- Managed and supported by the Diploma Review Project Manager who will play the role of non-Clinical Lead
- Supported by an appointed working group
- Responsible to the Project Board
- Start date: Jan/Feb 2018
- Term of appointment: approximately 10 - 12 months
- This is a voluntary role and will not be remunerated
Please see the Role Description for further information
Applications for this post should be submitted via email and should include a brief CV and accompanying statement of no more than 500 words outlining relevant skills and experience as outlined above and the reasons for applying for the post. Applications should be forwarded to Marnie Greenrod, Diploma Review Project Manager.
This position is now closed.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All queries should also be directed to Marnie Greenrod, in the first instance.
Interviews are expected to take place in January/February at the FSRH offices, although telephone interviews may be possible.