BHIVA/BASHH/FSRH Guidelines on Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare - Consultation Now Open
Date: 18 Oct 2017
Type: FSRH News and Information
The public consultation for SRH health with people living with HIV 2017 is now open.
The BHIVA/BASHH/FSRH guidelines for the sexual and reproductive health of people living with HIV 2017 are open for public consultation until 1730 on Friday 8 December 2017.
These guidelines are an update to the 2007 UK guidelines for the management of sexual and reproductive health (SRH) of people living with HIV infection (PLWH).
The guidelines cover:
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Cervical screening
- Pre-conception advice & conception
- Antiretroviral therapy: impact on transmission & conception
- Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) and pre-exposure-prophylaxis for conception (PrEP-C)
- Investigations in couples affected by HIV, trying to conceive through UPSI
- Contraception for Women with HIV
- Hormonal contraception and antiretroviral drug-drug interactions
- Contraception and HIV Acquisition, Transmission and Disease Progression
- Management of the menopause in women living with HIV
- Intimate Partner Violence
- Female genital mutilation
- Sexual dysfunction and HIV
The guidelines are aimed at all people involved in the provision of services or advice related to the sexual and reproductive health of PLWH and their partners including: HIV clinics, sexual and reproductive health services, primary care, obstetrics, gynaecology and fertility services, community and peer-led organisations, and appropriate commissioners.