BASHH/BHIVA/FSRH mentoring scheme - help support our work
Date: 11 Feb 2021
Type: FSRH News and Information
Are you a doctor working in GUM, HIV or SRH? Find out how you can support the work of our BASHH/BHIVA/FSRH mentoring committee.
The BASHH / BHIVA / FSRH mentoring committee works to mentor and support both consultants (both new or those returning to work) and SAS doctors.
We now have a number of committee vacancies, including the roles of chair, SAS representative and regional representatives - could you join us to help support our work? The roles involve attending committee meetings 2-3 times a year (currently held virtually) and matching and supporting mentor–mentee pairs.
Mentoring Committee Regional Representative Posts
We are particularly keen to have expressions of interest if you are a doctor working in GUM, HIV or SRH. The roles available are:
- Doctor in Training representative
- SAS doctor representative
- North Thames representative (doctor working in N Thames deanery)
- North of England representative (doctor working in Health Education North East, North West and Yorkshire and the Humber, North West Yorkshire or Trent)
- Wales representative
There are also some upcoming vacancies below if you are a member of BASHH or BHIVA:
- BASHH Chair (applicants need to be a member of BASHH) – chair will be standing down later this year
- BHIVA Chair (applicants need to be a member of BHIVA) – chair will be standing down later this year
How can I find out more?
A fuller job description is available on request. If you are interested in becoming a mentor or in joining the committee, or just want more information first, please contact:
- Dr Nicky Morgan at firstname.lastname@example.org (FSRH)
- Dr Emma Fox at email@example.com (BASHH)
- Dr Adrian Palfreeman at firstname.lastname@example.org (BHIVA)