BASHH/BHIVA/FSRH mentoring scheme - looking for mentors and committee members
Date: 13 Aug 2020
Type: FSRH News and Information
Do you have what it takes to become a mentor to consultants or SAS doctors working in sexual health or HIV? Are you interested in joining the mentoring committee as a regional representative?
The BASHH / BHIVA / FSRH mentoring group are looking for new mentors across the UK to guide and support other doctors. If you an experienced and empathetic doctor willing to give your time to support and guide a colleague, please consider becoming a mentor.
Becoming a Mentor
To be eligible you need to have worked as a SAS doctor or consultant within GUM / SRH or HIV for at least 5 years and have undergone training in mentoring and/or coaching.
If you have not had any previous training, we run a one-day training course. Due to COVID-19 we do not have a date for the next course, but we would like to know of anyone who would like to attend so we can proceed when we have sufficient numbers.
Mentoring Committee Regional Representative Posts
There are also vacancies for the following positions and need doctors who can also represent the FSRH, BHIVA or BASHH:
1. SAS doctor rep
2. Doctor in training rep – ST4/5
3. South rep – covering Health Education Thames Valley, Wessex and South West
4. North Thames rep – to cover Health Education North Central and East London, and Health Education North Thames
5. North rep – covering Health Education North East, North West and Yorkshire and the Humber
5. Wales Deanery rep
The role involves attendance at committee meetings 2-3 times a year and matching and supporting mentor–mentee pairs. A fuller job description is available on request.
If you are interested in becoming a mentor or in joining the committee, or just want more information first, please contact:
- Dr Nicky Morgan at email@example.com (FSRH)
- Dr Emma Fox at firstname.lastname@example.org (BASHH)
- Dr Adrian Palfreeman at email@example.com (BHIVA)