There are two options to apply for funding to attend the FSRH's Annual Scientific Meeting taking place in Edinburgh in May 2019
FSRH's Annual Scientific Meeting is taking place in Edinburgh in 16 - 17 May 2019, we have 10 bursary places on offer:
If you have submitted an oral/poster competition abstract for the ASM:
- 5 x bursary conference tickets (for the 2 days - 16 & 17 May) are now available for individuals who have submitted an abstract which has been accepted. To apply for the bursary place you will be asked to write a short statement (300 words) giving us some information on how this will help you personally and professionally.
If you have not submitted a oral/poster competition abstract for the ASM:
- 5 x funded bursary conference tickets (for the 2 days - 16 & 17 May) for anyone wishing to attend our ASM. To apply for the bursary place you will be asked to write a short statement (300 words) giving us some information on how this will help you personally and professionally.
What is the criteria?
- Be doctors, nurses, or others working in the field of sexual and reproductive healthcare or who have an interest in sexual and reproductive healthcare/contraception
- Be working either full or part-time in the NHS in primary and/or secondary care
- Not be able to secure funding to attend the ASM from other sources
How to apply
The application form will ask you to submit all of the following details:
- Your main contact details
- 300 word summary about why you would like to attend and how it will benefit you personally and professionally to attend.
You can find out how to apply for the abstract here
Send the completed application form back to Jyoti at email@example.com by these deadlines:
- If you have not submitted a oral/poster competition abstract for the ASM please return your completed form by 23.59 on Monday 18 March 2019.
- If you have submitted a oral/poster competition abstract for the ASM and it has been confirmed that it has been accepted please return your bursary form by 23.59 on Mon 8 April. We should be able to confirm if your abstract has been accepted w/c 25 March.
How will I be selected?
Our FSRH events committee will review all applications that are submitted by the relevant deadline and notify you of the outcome of your application by email by Monday 8 April if you haven't submitted an abstract and Monday 22 April if you have submitted an abstract.
All applications will be reviewed by the FSRH Events Committee to ensure they match the criteria. If the number of applications vastly exceeds the ten bursaries we are offering, we reserve the right to randomly select ten bursary winners from all those that match the criteria.
Terms and Conditions
a) Please note if you have already booked your conference place, you can still apply for the bursary place, and if your application is successful the FSRH will refund you the full ticket price.
b) If you awarded a bursary place but are not able to attend the conference, there will be a £75.00 administration fee which will need to be paid directly to the FSRH within 30 days.
c) The FSRH will cover the cost of the conference ticket but please note that accommodation or travel must be self-funded.
d) If you are awarded a bursary we contact you to ask you to write a short blog post about the conference.