Would you like to use your skills and experience to drive standards of SRH care in the nation? We are looking for members to fill a variety of opportunities within the FSRH Wales Committee.
The FSRH Wales Committee is one of our devolved nation committees and functions to represent Wales-based FSRH members at Council meetings. This includes sharing information to members, promoting their engagement with us, and, in return, the Committee provides us with an understanding of the Wales context and challenges.
What is in it for you?
- Build your professional network and enhance your profile
- Work to improve standards and outcomes in SRH in Wales
- Contribute to local, regional and national policy development and implementation
- Gain experience of sitting on a cross-organisational group
- Take best practice ideas back to your service
- Champion the work of FSRH and raise our profile in Wales
Who are we looking for?
- You are a current FSRH member (Diplomate, Member or Fellow)
- You are one of the following:
- A GP – working in SRH
- A Senior Nurse – working in SRH
- A Pharmacist – with experience of SRH
- An FSRH Faculty Registered Trainer (FRT)
- A cSRH Specialty Trainee
- A Health Board SRH Leads Network from one of the following:
- Hywel Da
- Swansea Bay
- Cwm Taf
- You can attend up to three meetings per year, with at least one in-person meeting in Wales. The dates are set a year in advance.
- Able to spend around 1 hour reading the minutes and documents to prepare for each meeting. Documents are sent out a week before the meeting. There are actions generated during the meetings which can involve some work in between the meetings.
- Available to serve for a three-year term, with an option to serve a second three-year term, subject to the agreement of the FSRH Officers.
How to apply
If you are interested, please apply for the individual roles listed below:
Please note this is an unpaid role. The deadline for applying is Friday 26 January 2024 at 5pm.
Download the Wales Committee Terms of Reference.
If you would like a no-obligation chat about the role and what is involved, please contact Dr Georgina Forbes, FSRH Wales Committee Chair, at email@example.com.