APPG SRH and FSRH hold parliamentary roundtable on women’s reproductive health outcomes
Date: 17 Aug 2022
Type: All-Party Parliamentary Group on SRH
The All-Party Parliamentary Group on Sexual and Reproductive Health (APPG SRH) held a joint roundtable discussion with the Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare (FSRH) on 20th July in Parliament. The event explored opportunities to drive meaningful, holistic improvement in sexual and reproductive healthcare (SRH).
The meeting was held in the context of the publication of the Government’s Women’s Health Strategy and the launch of FSRH’s Hatfield Vision – a framework to improve reproductive health outcomes, endorsed by 29 organisations. The roundtable was chaired by the APPG’s Co-Chair Baroness Barker and FSRH’s President, Dr Asha Kasliwal.
Bringing together parliamentarians, officials and participants from across health, public health, commissioning bodies and charity sectors, the meeting included presentations from the following:
- Marian Holliday, Deputy Director, Acute Care Policy at the Department for Health and Social Care
- Clare Perkins, Deputy Director, Personalised Prevention at the Office for Health Improvement and Disparities
- Professor Dame Lesley Regan, Women’s Health Ambassador for England
- James Woolgar, Sexual Health Commissioning Lead at Liverpool City Council and Current Chair of English HIV and Sexual Health Commissioners’ Group
There was agreement from those at the meeting that the ambition and goals of the FSRH Hatfield Vision are timely and should be implemented, as part of a drive for women to receive joined-up, holistic SRH. This was reflected in several pledges made by the attendees, and FSRH’s announcement that it would be establishing the FSRH Hatfield Vision Taskforce.
The Group also held its AGM, re-electing the following as Officers:
- Chair – Dame Diana Johnson DBE MP
- Co-Chair – Baroness Barker
- Vice-Chairs – Sir Peter Bottomley MP and Emily Thornberry MP
You can read a summary of the event here.
If you have any questions about this event or the work of the APPG SRH please get in contact via firstname.lastname@example.org.