Pictured is current Vice President for Membership, Dr Helen Munro awarding Fellowships on behalf of the FSRH in 2019.
Vice President for Membership vacancy. Deadline: 28 June 2021
The FSRH’s work is led by the Board and supported by the Executive and a group of six elected Officers (the President and five Vice Presidents). You can find our more about the FSRH's governance here. The healthcare professionals in these (unpaid) voluntary roles, support the CEO and senior management team to ensure that the Corporate Strategy is delivered to meet the needs of our 15,000 members. They are also ex officio members of our Council and support our committee work. Dr Helen Munro will move from the Vice President for Membership to the Vice President for Clinical Quality role at the October Council meeting, so we have a vacancy. 90% of our 15,000 members work in primary care; we are really keen to receive applications from those working in or closely with primary care.
What is in it for you?
Officer roles are demanding in terms of time commitments, but it offers a number of benefits:
• Opportunity to shape and input into the FSRH’s work
• Being able to influence change
• Develop a broader understanding of the SRH sector
• Develop leadership skills
• Expand your network
• Being part of a team
This role requires a good understanding of all categories of our membership, but especially our large primary care audience. It also encompasses the work of our Events Committee, the International Committee and FSRH’s membership communications and digital work.
Officers need to be a current FSRH Fellow, Member or Diplomate and still in clinical practice.
Please see the role description below.
If you are interested in applying, please send:
- A short CV (maximum 2 sides)
- A cover letter with a personal statement of up to 500 words outlining how you meet the skills and attributes required for the role (this will be shared with Council if there is an election)
- A completed application form (see below) with two proposers to be sent to Abby Wright-Parkes, Director of Membership and Marketing, email@example.com by 10am Monday 28 June.
Interested candidates are invited to have a no-obligation telephone discussion with the current Vice President for Membership (Dr Helen Munro) before applying. Please contact Helen via firstname.lastname@example.org
Once the application period has closed, Council will vote in a secret ballot if there is more than one candidate standing.
If there is only one candidate and they meet the eligibility criteria, then they are automatically elected. They will take up their role at the 14 October Council 2021 meeting, as Helen will be standing down at this meeting and moving to the Vice President for Clinical Quality role.