Update about recertification during the COVID-19 Situation
We’re aware that some of you are due to recertify your Diploma, LoC, MFSRH, or FFSRH qualifications or FRT status this month or during the coming months. We realise that it may be difficult for you to meet all the recertification criteria due to the COVID-19 situation. We want to let you know that your qualification or FRT status will still be valid beyond its current expiry date. We will issue further recertification guidance once this has been agreed but we wanted to reassure you that you do not need to worry about this for now. If, however, you have all your evidence and you are ready to submit your recertification information then you can do this by filling in the form below and it will be processed.
Before filling in this online form, please have all the relevant information to hand before starting it, you will not be able to save it and then revisit it later, it must be completed in one sitting.
1. Personal beliefs guidance:
Please see the recertification section of the FSRH website to read the “Guidance for those undertaking or recertifying FSRH qualifications whose personal beliefs conflict with the provision of abortion or any method of contraception”. This was introduced at the FSRH in May 2017 and you should read this before submitting your recertification application. You are asked below to confirm you have read the guidance and will abide by the principles in it in your practice. This is part of the Faculty’s conditions for recertifying a FSRH qualification.
2. Recertification is free for members who have paid their annual subscription fee or £368.00 for non-members.
3. At least 2 CPD credits relevant to subdermal contraceptive implant techniques, gained from any of the following activity:
Please note: evidence of CPD activity does not need to be submitted upon application. However, the General Training Committee will audit 10% of all applications and reserves the right to ask for supporting documentation for all activity. See below for examples of acceptable evidence.
- Attendance at courses/meetings relevant to SDI
Evidence: certificate of attendance, programme of meeting and brief reflection on how this will influence your future practice.
- Reading of appropriate current peer reviewed publications e.g. JFPRHC, BMJ
Evidence: reference of article, and brief reflection on how this will influence your future practice: 1 CPD credit per article
- Reading of FSRH CEU Guidance on subdermal contraceptive implant methods and completion of self-assessment questions
- Reading of CEU guidance: 1 CPD credit
- Completion of self-assessment questions: 1 CPD credit.
This CPD activity may not be counted towards CPD if used to fulfil section ‘Option 2 (b)’ on the below form.
- Evidence of reading: date read and brief reflection on how this will influence your future practice.
- Evidence of questions: mark sheet, date completed and brief reflection on how this will influence your future practice.
- Peer observation: For LoC IR you can claim 1 CPD credit for observing a peer perform an insertion or removal and giving feedback afterwards, 1 CPD credit for being observed performing an insertion or removal by a peer and discussing feedback afterwards.
- For LoC IO you can claim 1 CPD credit for observing a peer perform an insertion and giving feedback afterwards, 1 CPD credit for being observed performing an insertion by a peer and discussing feedback afterwards.
- For LoC RO you can claim 1 CPD credit for observing a peer perform a removal and giving feedback afterwards, 1 CPD credit for being observed performing a removal by a peer and discussing feedback afterwards.
The observer/person being observed must hold a current LoC SDI.
Evidence: date and name of observer/person being observed and brief outline of what you learned from this, either as an observer or from being observed)
- Audit of SDI – personal or local
Evidence: date, summary of audit, brief description of your role in audit: 1 CPD credit
If you would like a copy of your responses (which can be useful, should you apply for other things in the future), please add your email address in the relevant field at the bottom of this form.