- Share this article
- Share on twitter
- Share on LinkedIn
- Share on Facebook
- Email to a friend
- Print page
Date: 20 May 2023
Start time: 09:00AM
End time: 01:00PM
Venue: Education Centre
St Mary's Hospital
Isle of Wight
Opening times09:00 to 13:00
Are you a healthcare professional working with women during perimenopause and menopause? Then our Essentials of Menopause Care course is designed for you.
The Essentials of Menopause Care course is aimed specifically at those providing Menopause Care in primary care settings. It provides an interactive half-day with scenario-based learning, quizzes, presentations, time for discussion and questions.
This course is relevant for Menopause Care providers needing an introduction and provides a useful update for more experienced staff. Courses are delivered in a variety of locations across the UK. Essentials of Menopause Care is not a competency-based course, and it is not assessed.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Assess women presenting with perimenopausal/menopausal symptoms
- Outline the non-hormonal management options for these symptoms
- Explain the risks and benefits of HRT
- Explain how to use the different HRT preparations that are available
- Explain the management of genitourinary syndrome of the menopause
- Discuss the contraceptive needs of perimenopausal women and how these can be met
- Describe the needs of women who have had premature ovarian failure