Date: 22 Mar 2019
Start time: 08:00AM
End time: 05:00PM
Venue: Oaktree Surgery
Cost: £110Book now
Opening timesDaytime Event
This one-day training course for primary care has been designed by the Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare to enable primary care practitioners to manage consultations about contraception and STIs with confidence.
SRH Essentials will provide practice nurses with the tools to know what to do when seeing patients needing contraception, STI testing or emergency contraception. On completion of SRH Essentials, practice nurses will have the skills and confidence to assess:
- When their patient is at risk of pregnancy
- What method/s of contraception can be safely offered
- When their patient needs emergency contraception
- What method/s of emergency contraception can be safely offered
- When their patient is at risk of STIs
- What tests to offer and how to manage the consultation
SRH Essentials has been designed to provide a solid foundation for non-sexual and reproductive health specialists who see patients with sexual and reproductive health needs, be they practice nurses who have recently moved into the role and who have little or no experience in sexual and reproductive health, or those who have been working as practice nurses but have only undertaken a small amount of training in this area. Following completion of the SRH Essentials course participants will be issued with a certificate.
Read more about SRH Essentials here.
Please email call 01872221103 for further information.