Date: 01 Oct 2019
Start time: 09:00AM
End time: 05:00PM
Venue: Conference Room, Haymarket Shopping Centre
Cost: £75 - £120Book now
This one-day training course for learners new to SRH has been designed by the Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare to enable those working in primary care to manage consultations about contraception and STIs with confidence.
SRH Essentials will provide primary care practitioners with the tools to know what to do when seeing patients needing contraception, STI testing or emergency contraception. On completion of SRH Essentials, practice nurses will have the skills and confidence to assess:
- When their patient is at risk of pregnancy
- What method/s of contraception can be safely offered
- When their patient needs emergency contraception
- What method/s of emergency contraception can be safely offered
- When their patient is at risk of STIs
- What tests to offer and how to manage the consultation
SRH Essentials has been designed to provide a solid foundation for non-sexual and reproductive health specialists who see patients with sexual and reproductive health needs, be they primary care practitioners who have recently moved into the role and who have little or no experience in sexual and reproductive health, or those who have been working in primary care but have only undertaken a small amount of training in this area. Following completion of the SRH Essentials course participants will be issued with a certificate.
Read more about SRH Essentials here.