Date: 06 Dec 2019
Start time: 09:00AM
End time: 05:30PM
Venue: Indian YMCA
Cost: £100Book now
Opening timesDaytime event
- Teaching, Apraisal & Assessment
The benefits of mentoring for doctors are increasingly recognised. BASHH, BHIVA and the FSRH have combined forces to run a mentoring programme for doctors. This tailored workshop aims to equip participants with the knowledge and skills to become a mentor, and also aims to support and update doctors already in mentoring roles. The course will also contribute towards non-clinical CPD and may be of particular interest to Educational Supervisors.
There is opportunity to explore the roles of both mentors and mentees and discuss ideas and models that you will be able to put into immediate practice.
The course is tailored towards senior SAS doctors and consultants working in GUM / SRH / HIV but may also be useful for doctors in training as the skills can be used to mentor more junior doctors or other staff within their own organisation.
By the end of this workshop doctors will be able to:
- identify the role of a mentor
- outline the basic structure of a successful mentoring relationship – including co-mentoring arrangements
- use appropriate techniques, including expectation setting and reviewing, to establish and sustain an effective mentoring relationship
- recognise the ethical dilemmas that can arise in mentoring relationships
- reflect on their own personal development and supervision needs as a mentor
On the day, registration and refreshments will be from 9am ready for a 9.30am start. The course will finish at 4pm.
Click on Book now to reserve your place