Date: 17 Mar 2020
Start time: 09:30AM
End time: 04:30PM
Venue: The Olive Tree
Cost: £115 for Doctors £90 for nurses and other HCPs
A one day menopause study day which caters for both new and experienced practioners in menopause care.
This training day is open to doctors (£115) and nurses (£80).
Learning Outcomes include:
- Recognise the symptoms of the menopause and manage them using hormonal, non- hormonal and non-medicinal forms of therapy.
- Be able to safely counsel women starting treatment for menopausal symptoms
- Prescribe HRT (including shortages of products) including concomitant use of contraception.
- Manage problems related to HRT use
- To understand the impact of co-morbidities on menopausal symptoms and HRT use.
Contact the organiser directly to book, or download the attached booking form and return to the organiser.
|09.30 - 16.30
||The Basics – definitions/FSH testing / ‘window of opportunity’ / Symptoms/ Monitoring and Stopping HRT
||History taking and explaining risk to patients around HRT
||Non hormonal / Non medicinal management of the menopause
||Practical prescribing HRT and Trouble shooting
||Contraception and the Perimenopause
||Co-morbidites and the menopause
||Questions and close