Date: 18 Oct 2022
Start time: 09:30AM
End time: 12:30PM
Venue: Zoom webinar
Cost: £45 – £85Book now
Opening timesDaytime event.
- Sexual Problems
- Public Health
- Menopause and PMS
- Basic Clinical Skills
FSRH Hot Topic: Menopause on the mind | Half-day, online event
This half-day event on World Menopause Day 2022 aims to explore the reciprocal relationships between mental health, sexual wellbeing and the menopause, leading to a better understanding of women’s concerns and experiences, and ultimately improved practice and patient outcomes.
Menopause is one of the most significant events in a woman's life, and it usually occurs at mid-life which can be a time of change. There has rightly been much focus recently on supporting women with the physical symptoms which may appear around the time of menopause, but less attention given to mental health symptoms, and general and sexual wellbeing.
FSRH Hot Topic Events are a series of half-day conferences providing expert specialist clinical training and essential information. This event has been developed in partnership with the FSRH Events Committee.
By the end of the webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Appreciate the wide range of experiences of menopause women might present with
- Outline the potential impact of menopause on mental function, including memory and brain fog
- Explain the circular relationships between mental and physical wellbeing, especially around the time of menopause
- Consider the impact of mid-life events and menopause on sexual function, libido and sexuality
- Discuss how prior experience, including of poor mental health, PMDD/PME or trauma, might impact on women’s experiences of menopause and their help-seeking journey
- Evaluate treatment options including HRT, vaginal estrogen and CBT for menopausal symptoms
- Consider diversity and inclusion when providing menopause care (to include sexuality, gender diversity, neurodiversity, ethnic background, ability)
How to book
Tickets cost just £60 for FSRH members, with concession rates available for nurses, trainees, foundation doctors and medical students. Non-members can also buy tickets. Please note we are unable to offer refunds on tickets purchased.
Please ensure to type in your email correctly at checkout on the registration page on Eventbrite. If you make a typo you will unfortunately not receive the zoom link.
Not available to attend on the day? Buy a ticket for a month’s access to videos from the day.
All live attendees will receive a FSRH certificate of attendance after the event takes place. If you are unable to join us live, you can register and you'll be able to watch a recording on demand. All delegates will gain access to the event content afterwards for one month.
More information and the full agenda will be announced soon.