Date: 07 Oct 2023
Start time: 09:30AM
End time: 01:30PM
Venue: The Village Hotel, Swansea
Langdon Road, Swansea
Opening times09:30 - 13:30
- Menopause and PMS
Are you a healthcare professional working with women during perimenopause and menopause?
Then our Essentials of Menopause Care course is designed for you.
The Essentials of Menopause Care course is aimed specifically at those providing Menopause Care in primary care settings. It provides an interactive half-day with a range of scenario-based learning, quizzes, presentations, and time for discussion and questions.
This half-day course will help you develop the skills and confidence needed to consult with patients about perimenopause, menopause, and their care needs. Aimed at health professionals working in a primary care setting, this course may act as an ideal starting point for many, while also providing a useful update for more experienced staff.
The Essentials of Menopause Care is not a competency-based course, and it is not assessed.
Attendees will also be provided with worksheets for use on the day and a Reference Document for future reference.
Attendees will receive a Certificate of Attendance following the course.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Assess women presenting with perimenopausal/menopausal symptoms
- Outline the non-hormonal management options for these symptoms
- Explain the risks and benefits of HRT
- Explain how to use the different HRT preparations that are available
- Explain the management of genitourinary syndrome of the menopause
- Discuss the contraceptive needs of perimenopausal women and how these can be met
- Describe the needs of women who have had premature ovarian insufficiency
To be eligible to register on an Essentials course, you must have a GMC, NMC, GPhC, PAMVR or HCPC number. This will be checked by the Lead Facilitator of your course.
How to book:
In order to book a place on this SRH Essentials Course please contact the course organiser. Their contact details are located to the right under 'Contact Us'.
- I received some training in Menopause Care a while ago, but I want to refresh my knowledge, is SRH Essentials of Menopause Care for me?
Yes, SRH Essentials of Menopause Care is a good way to update your knowledge.
- I cannot prescribe, is SRH Essentials of Menopause Care still suitable for me?
Yes, non-prescribers can attend SRH Essentials of Menopause Care.