Date: 04 Feb 2020
Start time: 09:00AM
End time: 01:00PM
Venue: The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust
Opening timesDaytime Event
The Essentials of Contraception for Midwives course is aimed specifically at Midwives working in primary care settings. It provides an interactive day with scenario based learning, presentations, time for discussion, questions and role play. It is relevant for Midwives needing an introduction to Contraception and provides a useful update for more experienced staff. These courses are delivered in a variety of locations across the UK. SRH Essential Contraception for Midwives is not a competency based course and it is not assessed.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Describe the currently available contraceptive methods
- Discuss the main advantages and disadvantages of these contraceptive methods
- Identify contraindications to contraceptive methods by using the UKMEC
- Understand when contraception can be started after pregnancy
- Introduce contraception into consultations with pregnant and recently delivered women
- Understand the use of “Bridging Contraception”
Read more about Essential Contraception for Midwives here.
How to book
Contact the organiser listed on this direct to book onto this course.