Date: 04 Feb 2022
Start time: 08:30AM
End time: 01:30PM
Opening times8:30am - 1:30pm
- Unplanned Pregnancy and Abortion Care
- Public Health
Are you an Abortion Care provider interested in developing your sexual and reproductive healthcare knowledge and skills? Then our Essential Contraception for Abortion Care providers course is designed for you.
The content of Essential Contraception for Abortion Care Providers is specific to the needs of counselling women for contraception after abortion. To be eligible to register on an Essential Contraception for Abortion Care Providers course, you must be an Abortion Care Provider registered with the NMC. Our course has been designed specifically for Abortion Care Providers working in a variety of settings.
It provides an interactive half-day with scenario-based learning, presentations, time for discussion, questions and role play.
It is relevant for Abortion Care providers needing an introduction to Contraception and provides a useful update for more experienced staff. These courses are delivered in a variety of locations across the UK. Essential Contraception for Abortion Care Providers is not a competency-based course and it is not assessed.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Describe the currently available contraceptive methods
- Discuss the main advantages and disadvantages of these contraceptive methods
- Identify contraindications to contraceptive methods by using the UKMEC
- Understand when contraception can be started after abortion
- Introduce contraception into consultations with pregnant and recently delivered women
- Understand the use of “Bridging Contraception”