Date: 30 Sep 2019
Start time: 09:00AM
End time: 05:00PM
Venue: Manchester Royal Infirmary
Opening timesDay Time
The Course of 5 (C5) is a component of the FSRH Diploma, please click on ‘Qualify’ for full details. It is recommended that trainees have read the Guidelines for trainees attending a C5 assessed workshop prior to booking the course.
Prior to attendance at the trainees will have:
- Passed the eKA
- Purchased an e-portfolio (fee £50) via ‘MyFSRH’ area of the website
- Had the 3 pre-entry requirement assessments completed in the e-portfolio
- Completed module 17 (SDI) for the eSRH package.
The C5 provides an opportunity to:
- Practise and demonstrate practical skills required for the provision of contraception and testing of STIs
- Develop increased awareness of the way that personal attitudes, gender, sexual preference and cultural differences impact on SRH consultations in a safe environment
- Identify areas where further learning is required before proceeding to clinical assessments.
The C5 comprises 9 assessments. Trainees must demonstrate that they:
- 1. Have actively and appropriately participated in a workshop discussion on HIV testing and screening.
- 2. Are able to demonstrate how to perform common investigations for sexually transmitted infections on male and female models.
- 3. Are able to demonstrate how to teach the use of male condoms.
- 4. Are able to have an informed discussion on the assessment and management of women choosing barrier methods of contraception and the principles of fitting these methods.
- 5. Are able to demonstrate the insertion and removal techniques for a currently marketed implant on a model arm.
- 6. Are able to demonstrate that they can apply the principles of confidentiality, Fraser Guidelines, consent and safeguarding children in clinical scenarios.
- 7. Have actively and appropriately participated in a discussion on responding to someone presenting with a psycho sexual problem.
- 8. Have actively and appropriately participated in a discussion on responding to a woman presenting with an unwanted pregnancy.
- 9. Have actively and appropriately participated in a discussion of the management of men and women who request sterilisation.
Unique Faculty reference: C5/18/104
Fees are set locally, contact the organiser for full details.