You will need to secure a Principal Trainer before you apply. See the Principal Trainer tab below for how to do this.
You will also need to have a MyFSRH account. Find out how to create a MyFSRH account.
You can apply through our website as follows:
1. Log in to your MyFSRH account and access the FSRH Training Hub
2. Scroll to the FSRH Training Hub and click on 'Browse courses'
3. Click on 'FSRH Special Skills Module' and then 'Go to course'
4. On the FSRH Special Skills Modules page, scroll down to the 'Apply for an SSM' banner
5. Open the banner and click on the 'Apply now' button
6. Complete the SSM application form and pay for your chosen SSM
Once you have applied, we will let you know by email within 10 working days whether you have been accepted.
If you are not accepted, you will receive an email and a refund on your payment.
If you are accepted, you will be sent your logbook and trainee number by email. Once you receive these, you can begin your SSM training.
You must provide your GMC or NMC number when applying for an SSM. If you are providing your GMC number, you must have a current licence to practice medicine in the UK.