Be part of a global community of practice
Our SRH International programme is designed to develop the sexual and reproductive healthcare (SRH) knowledge of healthcare professionals (HCPs) living and working outside the UK.
Created in partnership with leading SRH clinicians and educators, SRH International offers quality learning resources to support, develop and assess your knowledge and understanding on several SRH topics. This includes contraception, pregnancy, menopause, and sexually transmitted infections (STIs) – all valuable to those working to improve reproductive and sexual health outcomes for their patients.
SRH International offers hours of learning and updates using a variety of activities, including e-learning, videos, case studies and quizzes.
Our learning resources include:
- Access to an interactive, quality assured e-learning package (I-eSRH)
- FSRH Contraceptive Counselling online course
- Online access to the BMJ SRH Journal
- Webinars, podcasts and short videos
Working in partnership with Health Education England e-Learning for Healthcare (e-LfH), our SRH International programme has been created by leading SRH clinicians and educators to ensure a high-quality learning experience is provided within an e-learning package (I-eSRH). Our resources are used by thousands of UK-based NHS HCPs and have been reviewed by international clinicians to confirm the relevance and value to those working in a variety of healthcare settings and locations.
In addition, our SRH International programme includes one year’s FSRH Affiliate International membership giving you access to a range of additional professional development resources, including:
- Online materials including NICE-accredited standards and clinical guidance
- Discounts on FSRH conferences and events
- Regular free webinars on clinical guidance
- E-bulletins bringing you the latest information on SRH policy, news and guidance
Please note: all SRH International content and FSRH membership benefits are only available in English and only accessible for one year.
“The modules have increased my knowledge in SRH, given me additional knowledge and also expand my scope of understanding. It will help me a lot in the discharge of my duties and explain concepts better during trainings”
SRH International Candidate from Ghana
Who is this for?
SRH International is designed for healthcare professionals who work internationally, please do not apply if you are based or work in the UK.
Learning is built on UK-based discussion and practice. However, please use the learning resources and adapt to your own context and environment.
Please note: all SRH International content and FSRH membership benefits are only available in English and only accessible for one-year.
SRH International will develop and test your knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- International e-SRH Introduction
- Basic Anatomy and Physiology
- Choosing Contraceptive Methods
- Combined Hormonal Contraception (CHC) Methods
- Progestogen-only (PO) Methods (Oral and Injectable)
- Subdermal Implant (SDI)
- Intrauterine Contraception (IUC)
- Barrier Contraceptives
- Fertility Awareness Methods and Apps
- Emergency Contraception
- Managing Bleeding Problems in Women using Contraceptives
- Managing Side-effects and Complications of IUD and IUS
- Epidemiology and Transmission of STIs
- STI Testing
- STI Management
- Partner Notification
- Contraceptive Needs of Women Following Pregnancy
- Contraceptive Needs of Women with a Raised BMI
- Contraceptive Needs of Women Aged Over 40
- Psychosexual Medicine
- Additional Training in Subdermal Implants (SDIs)
- Additional Training in Intrauterine Contraception (IUC)
- International e-SRH End
To gain your SRH International certificate, you must successfully complete all the learning including in the I-eSRH along with the assessments in the last two sessions.
All learning must be completed within the 1-year timeframe.
What are the costs?
The SRH International fee is £160, payable by credit or debit card at the point of application. This will provide you with:
- 1-year of SRH International content enabling you to develop and assess your sexual and reproductive healthcare knowledge. A certificate of completion will be awarded to evidence your learning.
- 1-year FSRH Affiliate International membership giving you access to range of professional development resources including an online edition of the BMJ SRH, FSRH clinical guidance and standards, webinars and more.
Renewing your membership after the 1-year period enables you to continue access to your member benefits and supports your CPD.
How to apply
How can I apply?
SRH International is only suitable for healthcare professionals living/working internationally. If you are located or working in the UK, please do not apply as your application will not be processed.
To start your SRH International application you will need a MyFSRH account. You can register for free or login to your existing account. Please use the same email address throughout your SRH International journey.
Complete your FSRH account set up by clicking on the link in your inbox and creating a password. Once logged in, you can apply through our website.
What happens next?
Payment will be taken at the time of registration. Once your application and payment has been processed you will receive an email from email@example.com confirming access to your member benefits.
You will also receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with your SRH International login details. Please check your spam/junk folder for this email.
We will let you know by email within 10 working days whether you have been accepted.
Do you have a question?
Please explore our knowledge base. You can type your question in the portal search bar or browse our articles for a solution.
If you can’t find an answer to your question or have a specific query, you can contact us by submitting a ticket and our support team will be in touch.