The Menopause Care SSM is for healthcare professionals in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland who work regularly in the field of menopause care – such as doctors and nurses.
The essential entry requirements are:
- Fully registered with the GMC or NMC
- Working in SRH, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, primary care or any other speciality related to women’s health care
- Demonstrable consultation skills and the ability to take a full medical history, including a sexual health history
- Membership of a menopause society (e.g. BMS, EMAS or IMS)
- For the advanced certificate, nurse trainees must be nurse independent prescribers
The desirable entry requirements are:
- Holding a relevant post-registration qualification in contraception or sexual health (e.g. DFSRH for doctors, and a sexual health qualification or NFSRH for nurses and midwives)
If you have little experience of menopause care, you may wish to consider attending a foundation course prior to applying for this SSM.