Membership of the Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare of the RCOG (MFSRH) is a recognised qualification in sexual and reproductive health care. It is held by clinicians who provide expertise in community, primary and acute care. The Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare awards Membership by examination.
The MFSRH qualification consists of three components:
1. a Part One Exam which takes place in April and October each year
2. an Evidence Based Commentary (EBC), an essay submitted online- full details are below in the relevant 'step'
3. a Part Two Exam which takes place in June each year
Read and download Exam Regulations.
1. MFSRH Exam Part One
- Exam Part One – Friday 18th October 2019
- Closing date for applications – Monday 1st July 2019
- Exam Part One – Friday 3rd April 2020
- Closing date for applications – Wednesday 9th January 2020
- Exam Part One – Friday 9th October 2020
- Closing date for applications – Wednesday 1st July 2020
Ensure that you are familiar with the reading list and training requirements before proceeding with your application for Exam Part One.
The handbook (linked below) includes key information for the Part One exam, Syllabus, Reading List, and Example Questions.
• MFSRH Part One Handbook
• Paper on SBA from the Journal (2016)
2. Evidence Based Commentary (EBC)
- Evidence Based Commentary - Online submission
- Closing date for submissions - 31st August 2019 (by 11.59pm)
The Faculty sets a new topic for the evidence-based commentary each year, and posts it in the login area of the FSRH website every 1st September.
You must submit your commentary online by the deadline. If you experience any issues with submitting your commentary online, please contact email@example.com as soon as possible.
Your commentary must be between 1,000 words and 2,000 words long and its format must comply with the guidance notes.
You may submit your commentary before or after applying for, or passing, the Part One examination.
3. MFSRH Exam Part Two
- Exam Part Two – Wednesday 3rd June 2020
- Closing date for applications – Thursday 9th January 2020
- Exam Part Two – June 2021 (date TBC)
- Closing date for applications – Thursday 9th January 2021
The Part Two Examination consists of three components:
- 1. Critical Reading Question paper (CRQ)
- 2. Extended Matching Question paper (EMQ); and
- 3. Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE).
Ensure that you are familiar with the reading list and training requirements before proceeding with your application for Exam Part Two.
Linked below is key information for the Part Two exam, Syllabus and Reading List.
To enter the MFSRH Part Two, you must have passed the Part One Exam before the closing date for the Part 2 Exam: AND
have had your Evidence Based Commentary passed by the Faculty before the closing date for the Part Two Exam.