This section would be useful for anyone who falls into one of the following categories:
- If your initial LoC qualification was not registered with or awarded by FSRH
- If you have attained a local Letter of Competence (LoC) certification and now wish to register or recertify it with FSRH
- If you have not recertified FSRH LoC for more than 10 years, but have been fitting/removing implants for last 12 months
For all above scenarios, you may be eligible to undertake a shortened pathway which takes into account past clinical experience. The FSRH’s General Training Committee requires that, in order to obtain FSRH certification, the initial training would need to be completed.
The General Training Committee is unable to offer exemptions to its published criteria. However, experienced practitioners can complete a shortened pathway in respect to the clinical component but all other parts of the programme, included the eKA pass, would need to be completed.
Where a local or other organisation’s certificate is held, please contact the issuer in respect to how they will re-accredit your qualification.
The General Training Committee hopes that you will decide to complete our qualification but if you do not wish to proceed in this way please discuss your circumstances with your employer if they have asked for a current FSRH Letter of Competence.
Below we have provided a breakdown of the experienced practitioner route with links for ease of reference but we advise to check the website for the current criteria at the time of commencing the training.
- Complete the free e-SRH module 17 on the e-Learning for Healthcare
- Pass the eKA (Electronic Knowledge Assessment)
- Complete the LoC SDI Record of Training Form (This log must show six procedures to include at one insertion and one removal undertaken during the 12 months before commencement of training. The primary trainer, a Faculty Registered Trainer, must observe at least one insertion and one removal performed competently).
Find a Trainer to be observed for 2 procedures: Click here to 'Find a Trainer' when you register or log into 'My FSRH'
Download LoC SDI Record of Training: Download a training record
Please ensure parts A, C, D and E are completed in full. If any part of your application is not complete or it does not meet the required standard, your application is likely to be delayed.
Submit your Record of Training
Once you and your Primary Trainer have completed all sections of your Record of Training Form, you may submit this form along with the supporting documents and LoC registration fee for a certificate award.
To do this, log into ‘My FSRH’ and then complete our online form by selecting:
My FSRH > Take a qualification > LoC SDI-IR > Qualify > Go to the last step of the page and click ‘Submit your LoC SDI Record of Training and pay your fee here’ and complete online form
Once you have successfully submitted the form and paid a correct registration fee, The Education Development Officer for LoCs will review your application and contact you by email within 5-10 working days.