Successful applicants must:
- Be a Healthcare Professional working in abortion or maternity services. This includes doctors, nurses and midwives working in the UK or S Ireland and are registered and licenced to practice (as necessary) with either the GMC, NMC, IMC, NMBI.
- Must have completed the FSRH Contraception Counselling online learning: Register and access the course here: FSRH Contraception Counselling Free Online Course (the certificate of completion must be reviewed by the Primary Trainer). Evidence will be required.
- Must have completed the e-SRH Modules 3 (Contraceptive Choices) & 14 (Additional Training in Sub-dermal Contraceptive Implants) online learning: Register and access the online learning here: e-Learning for Healthcare (certificates of completion must be reviewed by the Primary Trainer). Evidence will be required.
- Must be competent in consultation skills (trainee to self-certify competence on application form)
- Up to date with resuscitation and anaphylaxis – in accordance with local policy (up to date certificates must be reviewed by Primary Trainer)
- Competent to give intramuscular injections (trainee to self-certify competence on application form)
- To have read the current FSRH CEU guidance on SDIs and be conversant with its content and abide by them.
Useful learning: Essential Contraception for Midwives and Essential Contraception for Abortion Care Providers are evidence based courses, designed by FSRH to provide baseline contraceptive knowledge. Attendance at one of these courses is not an entry requirement for the LOC SDI-IO but is strongly recommended.