In order to apply for and the complete the steps towards achieving the FSRH LoC IUT you will need to meet our entry requirements given below:
- ...be registered with a UK or Irish medical professional regulatory body and have a license to practice if that is required by your regulator.
We recognise the following regulatory bodies:
- The General Medical Council (UK)
- Irish Medical Council
- The Nursing & Midwifery Council (UK)
- Nursing & Midwifery Board of Ireland
- General Pharmaceutical Council (UK)
- The Pharmaceutical Society of Ireland
- Physician Associate Managed Voluntary Register (UK)
- Health and Care Professions Council (UK)
- Have the experience and skill to conduct a competent clinical consultation.
- Be up-to-date with resuscitation and anaphylaxis training and ensure that this is maintained for the duration of training (training must be recognised by the UK Resuscitation Council).
- Be competent in giving an intramuscular injection.
- Have read the current FSRH guidance on intrauterine contraception.
- Be up to date with Levels 1-3 safeguarding children and young people and ensure that level 3 is maintained throughout training.
- Be competent in undertaking a speculum examination.
- Be able to confirm, at the time of application for your FSRH qualification, that you have read the 6 principles of care as outlined in the “Guidance for those undertaking or recertifying FSRH qualifications whose personal beliefs conflict with the provision of abortion or any method of contraception” and agree to abide by them in practice. It is, therefore, important to have read this document prior to commencing training.