e-Learning for Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare (eSRH)
e-learning for Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare (e-SRH) supports healthcare professionals in acquiring the relevant knowledge needed for delivering sexual and reproductive healthcare.
e-SRH supports FSRH Diploma and the Letter of Competence trainees to prepare for the e-Knowledge Assessment (eKA). The eSRH is also an excellent standalone learning resource for anyone working in contraception and other SRH areas.
The comprehensive curriculum for e-SRH was developed to reflect the level of knowledge and competence required by a doctor or nurse delivering non-specialist sexual and reproductive healthcare in a community setting.
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Early pregnancy assessment and referral
- Recognising psychosexual problems
- The law relating to confidentiality, sexual activity and young people
There are a number of modules on the e-SRH. Module 17 is a mandatory learning module that will be helpful if you are working towards achieving the FSRH Diploma.
You can download a certificate of completion when you complete the module.
Modules 17 or 18 are required components for the different FSRH Letters of Competence.
If you are preparing for the eKA, you are advised to work your way through all the modules before taking the assessment.
- Module 1 - Principles of service provision
- Module 2 - Basic anatomy and physiology
- Module 3 - Risk assessment and sexual behavior
- Module 4 - Pregnancy
- Module 5 - Psychosexual medicine
- Module 6 - Sexual assault
- Module 7 - Screening and vaccination programmes in SRH
- Module 8 - Contraceptive choices
- Module 9 - Contraception: Managing side-effects and complications of use
- Module 10 - Emergency Contraception
- Module 11 - Testing for sexually transmitted and genital infections
- Module 12 - Problem-based approach to StI testing
- Module 13 - Testing for HIV and blood bourne viruses
- Module 14 - Partner notification
- Module 17 - Additional training in sub-dermal contraceptive implants
- Module 18 - Additional training in intrauterine (IUT).
How to access eSRH
You will need an e-LfH account. You can register on their website here.
Please note, FSRH cannot offer any assistance with forgotten login details or passwords as this is an externally managed website. However, you can get in touch with e-LfH here.
e-Learning for Healthcare (e-LfH) is a Health Education England (HEE) Programme working in partnership with the NHS and professional bodies to support patient care by providing e-learning to educate and train the health and social care workforce.
e-Learning for Healthcare offers e-learning free to all NHS staff with a ‘nhs.net’ email address via the e-Learning for healthcare’s website. If you are not an NHS employee you may still be eligible for free access to the learning resource. You will be signposted to options when you register on the link above.
Payment options are available for any non-NHS related individuals and organisations. The links to this will be indicated during your registration.
The e-learning provided by HEE e-learning for healthcare is offered in partnership with professional bodies and royal colleges to help support ongoing and continuing professional development of NHS staff.