We are keen to receive applications from doctors and nurses interested in training other healthcare professionals for the FSRH Diploma and Letters of Competence.
You can find further information about all the requirements needed to become an FRT in our How to become an FRT document.
You must hold the following:
- A current NMC or GMC registration with a licence to practice.
- You hold a DFSRH, MFSRH or FFSRH.
- Your membership is current and you are up to date with recertification.
As well as confirming:
- You have at least 12 months current experience in SRH.
You must hold relevant qualification or accreditation in medical education. We accept any of the following:
- Postgraduate course in Medical Education for Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare (University of Keele or Worcester) within the last 5 years.
- Current GMC approved GP Trainer
- Current GMC Recognised Trainer
- Successful completion within the last 5 years of a university accredited postgraduate course in medical/clinical/healthcare teaching or education, with a minimum of 15 credits at Levels 6 or 7.
- Successful completion of Academy of Medical Educators (AoME) accredited courses (within the last 5 years). We do not accept all AoME accredited courses and therefore may request additional information to support your application.
- Current Member or Fellow of the AoME. (Associate and Student membership not applicable.)
- Successful completion of a Advance Higher Education (Advance HE) (formerly known as the Higher Education Academy (HEA)) accredited course (within the last 5 years). We may request additional information to support your application.
- Current Fellow, Senior Fellow or Principal Fellow of the HEA.
FRT applicants have recently submitted the courses below as a way to meeting the medical/clinical/healthcare education requirements to become an FRT. Please note that we are NOT recommending these courses as all applicants' needs are different. We are just providing them as examples of courses that have met our requirements, but you will need to check the content yourself carefully if you decide to take them as institutions change modules, level, and credit value from time to time.
AoME Accredited Educational and Clinical Supervisor course from Miad Healthcare. On completion of this course, you will need to attach with your FRT application form certificates showing that you have successfully completed the two webinars, two e-learning modules, a copy of your assessed reflection report, and a copy of the assessor's feedback that all form part of this course.
Teaching and Learning in Health Professions Education module from University College London Medical School. On completion of this course, you will need to attach your full course transcript showing your marks for the module with your FRT application form.
Clinical Educator Programme from Edinburgh University. You will need to complete this course at Level 3, which includes the Reflective Portfolio Assignment. It is only open to people who teach Edinburgh University medical undergraduates but the site also includes helpful resources for people who want to become medical educators.
Postgraduate Module in Medical Education from Keele University. On completion of this online course, you will need to attach your full course transcript showing your marks for the module with your FRT application form.
Many of you will be planning to undertake a course that is not listed above. If you would like to check whether it would meet our requirements, please email email@example.com with the full details of the course, including the level, number of credits, module descriptor including learning outcomes, and details of how the course is assessed. We will then review the course content and let you know whether it would be valid as part of your FRT application.