Become a FSRH Menopause Care Principal Trainer
Help deliver our Menopause Care Professional Certificate (MCPC) and Menopause Care Professional Diploma (MCPD).
All our qualifications and certificates are delivered in partnership with our Faculty Registered Trainers and Principal Trainers, assuring an outstanding learning experience.
If you meet the eligibility criteria for becoming an FSRH Menopause Care Principal Trainer or if you're already a Faculty Registered Trainer or Principal Trainer, you can sign up to deliver our MCPC and MCPD qualifications and help improve the standard of menopause care for patients and clients.
You can find out more in the guides below:
Menopause Care Principal Trainers need both educational and clinical skills to provide effective training and assessment of the practical elements of the Menopause Care Professional Certificate (MCPC) and Menopause Care Professional Diploma (MCPD).
To become a Principal Trainer, you will need to meet these requirements:
- Be a member of the FSRH (affiliate, diplomate, associate, full member and fellow are all appropriate)
- Meet one or more of the following criteria:
- FSRH Faculty Registered Trainer
- Approved as a Principal Trainer for the FSRH Menopause Care SSM
- GP Trainer
- GMC recognised and approved trainer
- Named Clinical/Educational Supervisor
- Hold the FSRH Postgraduate Award (PGA) in Medical Education in sexual and reproductive healthcare (SRH)
- Hold the FSRH LoC Med
- Successful completion within the last 5 years of a university accredited postgraduate course in medical, clinical, or healthcare teaching or education, with a minimum of 15 credits at Levels 6 or 7
- Successful completion of Academy of Medical Educators (AoME) accredited courses (within the last 5 years)
- We do not accept all AoME accredited courses and therefore may request additional information to support your application
- Current Member or Fellow of the AoME
- Associate and Student membership not applicable
- Successful completion of an Advance Higher Education (Advance HE) accredited course (formerly known as the Higher Education Academy) within the last 5 years
- Current Fellow, Senior Fellow, or Principal Fellow of the Advance HE
- Practice Assessor as accepted by the NMC and on your employer Assessor Register
- Successfully completed the Nurse Mentor Training
- Hold one or more of the following:
- FSRH Advanced Certificate in Menopause Care SSM
- FSRH Menopause Care Professional Certificate (MCPC)
- BMS Advanced Certificate in PPMC
- CCT in CSRH
- CESR in CSRH
- CCT in RCOG with Menopause ATSM
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of standards, guidance and best practice in menopause care by regularly reviewing journals and research papers.
- Seeing a minimum of 100 menopause patients per year, of whom 50 must be new presentations.
How to apply
If you would like to apply to be a Menopause Care Principal Trainer, please complete the below application form:
To complete the above form, you will need to have a MyFSRH account. Find out how to create a MyFSRH account here.
Your submitted application form will be sent to the Education and Training team and may be reviewed by the Menopause Care Guardian. You will then be contacted by the Education and Training team and may be asked to provide further information and evidence to support your application.
If you are an experienced trainer who leads a menopause service and would like to become a Principal Trainer, but you do not meet each of the above five criteria, please email our Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the possibility of becoming a Principal Trainer.
Please note that Principal Trainers must re-register every five years following the same process as above. You will be required to stay current with your menopause and educational knowledge and skills.
Once your application has been approved, you will receive a welcome email providing the next steps. You will also need to create an account on our Find-A-Trainer platform.
Our Find-A-Trainer platform is a newly developed place for candidates to search for trainers, communicate needs, and arrange training. We are currently piloting the use of this platform for candidates wishing to pursue our advanced qualifications.
Who can use the Find-A-Trainer platform?
During the pilot, the Find-A-Trainer platform is only open to Principal Trainers, and candidates of our Advanced Qualifications, which include the Menopause Care Professional Certificate (MCPC) and Menopause Care Professional Diploma (MCPD).
How do I set up my account on the platform?
- To create an account, follow this link to the platform
- Select ‘Let’s get started’ and tick 'I want to be a Trainer'
- Enter your details to set up your account, including what courses you are looking to train in
- You will then receive an email confirming we have received your request. Please allow up to 7 working days for your request to be approved. Please note that your request will not be approved unless your application to become a Principal Trainer has been successful.
If you already have an account, you can enter your login details, and select ‘Login’. This will take you to your candidates. If you do not have any candidates connected to you, you will be taken to your profile page.
How will I know when a candidate wants to get in touch?
- Any current or new applications from candidates are visible when you first login to the platform.
- You will also receive an email to the email address you created your account with, letting you know that a candidate has gotten in touch with you.