Would you like to deliver a local training course to support midwives to deliver excellent sexual and reproductive healthcare? If so, becoming one of our Essentials of Contraception for Midwives course facilitators could be for you.
Our new Essentials of Contraception for Midwives half-day course provides interactive up-to-date, evidence-based learning for midwives. We plan for these courses to be delivered in a variety of locations across the UK and are looking for course facilitators to help us.
We are looking for experienced clinicians, actively working in SRH with some education and training experience. It is desirable that one facilitator is a midwife, but this is not mandatory.
We will support you with relevant materials and resources to deliver this training. There are two facilitators involved in the course delivery, including a lead facilitator. Both roles work closely together before, during and after the course.
For further information on Essentials of Contraception for Midwives, contact us: 020 7724 5675 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To become a Facilitator, you must:
- Be a current Associate, Diplomate or Member, or Fellow, or hold a recognised CASH qualification
- Actively involved in clinical SRH
- Have some experience of delivering education and training
- Confirm you have watched the webinar.
Roles and Responsibilities
All facilitators are expected to:
- Ensure they meet the entry criteria to become a facilitator
- Prepare to teach – work with the other facilitators to familiarise yourself with the content, including determining teaching roles for the programme.
- Deliver an Essential Contraception for Midwives half day course
- Provide and encourage feedback – from learners, other facilitators and yourself
- Abide by the FSRH’s Intellectual Property Rights Policy (see below)
Lead Course facilitators are, in addition, expected to:
- Organise and promote an Essentials of Contraception for Midwives course - including venue, facilities, preparation of materials, catering, etc.
- Fill in the Course Form to inform the FSRH of any Essentials of Contraception for Midwives courses that you are delivering
- Post course actions – provide the FSRH with delegate details, pay the FSRH once invoiced
How to Apply
Once you have met the entry criteria, please apply to become a facilitator via the form below:
SRH Essentials Facilitator application form
Applicants must wait for approval from the FSRH before organising courses.
There is no charge to become a facilitator. You will not be charged to observe or attend courses, or to watch the webinar.
However please note the FSRH will not cover expenses.
A fee is paid to the FSRH for running the course, and professionally printed delegate workbooks are included in the fee. The fee is on a sliding scale which represents printing costs- i.e. the more workbooks the FSRH orders, the less we are charged per workbook.
The fees are as follows:
Total no. of
FSRH fee per
Compliments and Complaints
If you have any feedback about our Essentials courses, please visit our compliments and complaints page.
Intellectual Property Rights
All intellectual property rights for any FSRH course including documents, materials and content belonging to and produced by the FSRH should not be used for purposes other than FSRH training. Should you wish to use any of the IPR for purposes other than FSRH training you must seek the FSRH’s approval in writing with your request via our copyright request form. We aim to respond to submissions of this nature within one working week.
Personal Beliefs Guidance
Please ensure you read the FSRH Personal Beliefs Guidance in advance of the course.
Course Visits and Evaluation
The FSRH reserve the right to visit any SRH Essentials course as part of a quality assurance process. We also encourage feedback from learners, facilitators (online) and between facilitators. Please complete the online evaluation following the course.