The role of Specialty Advisory Committee (SAC) is to contribute to the development of specialist training policy around sexual and reproductive healthcare (SRH) as it affects the specialty and the delivery of specialist training to standards set by FSRH and the General Medical Council (GMC).
The SAC meets quarterly per annum, its membership includes Doctors, Training Programme Directors, Educational Supervisors, Trainee representative(s), Patient/public involvement representative(s), the Postgraduate Dean for CSRH (or deputy), Chair of CSRH Assessment and Curriculum Committee (ACC), and FSRH Officer representation from the Vice President (Specialty).
The Specialty Advisory Committees achievements for 2020
- Successful implementation of 8 new CSRH Trainees to the programme
- 6 new CSRH trainee spaces confirmed for 2020.
- Successful training days for the new CSRH Curriculum.
- Start of new Lead Dean
- Start of a New trainee rep
- CCT of 3 Trainees
- Full documentation of all Specialty processes
- Improved our information for trainees
- Trainee network is working very successfully
The Specialty Advisory Committee’s plans for 2021
- To progress the CSRH curriculum review as part of the GMC 2020 Curriculum Review project.
- To progress/influence the number of CSRH trainee posts
- To promote the Specialty training programme to policy makers and commissioners /managers
- To improve the way the FSRH supports specialty trainees and new consultants in SRH
- To ensure that any suitable products meet the GMCs Excellence by Design standards when reviewing/developing our portfolio
Specialty Advisory Committee Members 2021
Dr Charlotte Porter (Chair & Training Programme Director)
- Dr Janet Barter (Vice President Specialty and Training Programme Director)
- Dr Rober Powell (Lead Dean)
- Dr Catherine Schunmann (Chair of the Assessment and Curriculum Committee and Training Programme Director)
- Dr Najia Aziz (Training Programme Director)
- Ms Toni Belfield (Patient Consumer Representative)
- Dr Sue Brechin (Training Programme Director)
- Dr Antje Ischebeck (SSM Rep)
- Dr Kulsum Jaffer (Training Programme Director)
- Dr Diana Mansour (Training Programme Director)
- Dr Charlotte Gatenby (Co-Trainees Chair)
- Dr Donna Russel (Co-Trainees Chair)
- Dr Pauline McGough (Training Programme Director)
- Dr Sharon Moses (Training Programme Director)
- Dr Helen Ribbans (Training Programme Director)
- Dr Julia Shefras (Training Programme Director)
- Fran Hyatt (Education and Training Manager)
Contact Committee Administrator with any questions regarding the committee and committee work at firstname.lastname@example.org 020 7724 5187
Read more about our different committees
Read about our current committee vacancies