- Share this article
- Share on twitter
- Share on LinkedIn
- Share on Facebook
- Email to a friend
- Print page
FSRH Scotland Committee
FSRH’s Scotland Committee aims to promote sexual and reproductive healthcare in Scotland by providing clinical leadership in SRH; contributing to local, regional and national policy development and implementation, and sharing good practice and challenges between members and to practitioners. It aims to provide FSRH with an understanding of the Scottish context and to promote the work of FSRH in Scotland. The Committee meets twice a year, and provides support and information to FSRH members via social media and other communication channels.
FSRH Scotland Committee’s key achievements in 2022
- Election of new FSRH Scotland Committee Chair, Dr Sinead Cook.
- Successful recruitment of first pharmacy representative to Scotland Committee.
- Successful recruitment of GP and nurse reps to replace vacant posts on Committee, along with new members representing specialist SRH services.
- Continued promotion of SRH and FSRH interests through engaging with key stakeholders including Scottish Government Ministers, civil servants, and other key politicians.
- Involvement in influencing and implementing the Scottish Women’s Health Plan including key issues such as post-partum contraception.
- Continued input to, and support of, Cross Party Group on Women’s Health.
- Organisation of Annual Update Training event for Scottish members, held virtually in September 2022.
FSRH Scotland Committee’s current objectives
Continue and increase engagement with FSRH members in Scotland:
- Reinstate e-newsletter for members in Scotland
- Update FSRH Scotland Committee information on FSRH website
- Write and post blogs and other information on website
- Engage with FSRH CRM project to improve engagement via website with Scotland members.
Continue to support strengthening SRH workforce and training in Scotland:
- Ongoing engagement with Sexual Health Leads Scotland network to create a Scotland SRH training working group to look at national ways to improve training and support workforce who provide SRH services (with a focus on contraception).
Continue to engage with politicians and civil servants to ensure that women’s sexual healthcare remains on political agenda:
- Inform the delivery of SRH in Scotland through membership of the SHBBV Framework Working group and the Framework Writing Group
- Continue to influence and inform ongoing discussions concerning Abortion Buffer Zones
- Continue to engage with, support and influence Cross Party Group: Women’s Health at Scottish Parliament.
Continue to support, inform and engage with FSRH members in Scotland:
- Build on success of September 2022 update day by organising national SRH event for 2023
- Engage with FSRH to set up meeting of Gary Waltham and Janet Barter with FSRH Scotland members in Spring 2023.
FSRH Scotland members
Sinead Cook (Chair), NHS Grampian – contact at firstname.lastname@example.org
Susan Brechin, NHS Fife (TPD representative)
Sally Wielding, NHS Borders (GU representative)
Louise Hamilton, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde (GP representative)
Karen Stewart, NHS Lanarkshire (Nurse representative)
Andrew Melvin, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde (Pharmacy representative)
Helena Young, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde (Trainee representative)
Ruth Holman, NHS Ayrshire & Arran
Rashmi Ronghe, NHS Lanarkshire
Heike Gleser, NHS Tayside
Michelle Cooper, NHS Lothian
Any Scotland Committee member can be contacted via Sinead Cook as above.
Read more about our different committees