The aim of the International Affairs Committee (IAC) is to translate and promote FSRH products to an international audience to support them in their delivery of high quality sexual and reproductive healthcare.
The committee is made up by a series of different members, such as doctors and nurses, all of which are current FSRH members. The International Affairs Committee meet four times a year.
Achievements in 2018:
- Developed the International Certificate of Knowledge programme to increase FSRH membership from those interested in contraception from outside the UK. Attended the European Society of Contraception Congress in Budapest with a stand to discuss ICK with delegates, which received lots of positive feedback.
- Launching the Contraceptive Counselling MOOC at Congress and gaining 673 users from across 46 countries. A presentation on the MOOC also won the prize for best oral presentation at the ESC Congress.
- Developing and delivering the inaugural ‘Global Contraception’ conference in partnership with the Royal Society of Medicine, which sold out. 96% of delegates were very satisfied/satisfied with the conference.
Objectives for 2019:
- Support the launch of the International Certificate of Knowledge and help achieve the target of 100 purchased during 2019.
- Continue to refine, monitor and promote the Contractive Counselling MOOC and learn from the evaluation.
- Deliver another conference with the RSM.
- Seek funding to expand the portfolio of free MOOCs that are accessible to an international audience.
- Develop closer ties with RCOG’s global team and work.
- Paula Baraitser (Chair)
- Katherine Gilmore
- Maggie Gurney
- Julia Hogan
- Sarah Randall
- Nicola Morgan
- Kirsten Black
- Ramona Malek
- Tonye Wokoma
- Abby Wright-Parkes - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paige Rogan - email@example.com
Read more about our different committees
Read about our current committee vacancies