The FSRH General Training Committee (GTC) is responsible for the maintenance, development and recertification of a number of qualifications and courses including:
- The Diploma
- The Letters of Competence (LoC)
- The Online Theory Assessment (OTA)
- SRH Essentials courses
- eSRH (online learning) and other products.
The committee is responsible for reviewing and supporting programme related Faculty Registered Trainers (FRTs) and General Training Programme Directors (GTPD).
Dr Rebecca Mawson (GP) General Training Committee Member
'Being part of the GTC offers me an amazing insight into training needs and barriers for providing sexual and reproductive health in the UK and further afield. I have had chance to meet people with huge amounts of experience and understanding about sexual and reproductive health which helps feed into my research and clinical job. I can offer a voice from general practice and also put health inequity on the agenda for the faculty.'
2020 Achievement highlight
- Following extensive work on reviewing the Diploma, the redesigned Diploma was successfully launched in December 2020.
- Provide support for FSRH Registered Trainers (FRTs), including the development of training resources to support transition to new DFSRH and to improve mapping of those who deliver training at the local level
- Pilot, evaluate and implement changes in relation to the revision of the Letter of Competence in Intrauterine Techniques (LoC IUT)
- Pilot and evaluate a revised pathway for Letter of Competence in Subdermal Contraceptive Implant Techniques – Insertion Only (LoC SDI-IO)
- Review the SRH Essentials series and enable them to be delivered online by facilitators.
The GTC is managed by the Education Development Manager (General Training).
- Dr Lucinda Farmer (Committee Chair)
- Dr Anne Lashford (Officer representative)
- Ms Hayley Berry (Pharmacist representative)
- Dr Rebecca Mawson (GP)
- Dr Sarah Pillai (GP)
- Dr Kathryn Clement (SRH consultant)
- Dr Emma Bowley
- Dr Katherine Kearley-Shiers
- Harriet Latham-Cork
- Caroline Gumbley
- Nicola Ross
FSRH Staff Member
- Kate Jarvis - email@example.com
Kate Shakeshaft's Profile (Nurse Representative, SRH Essentials Lead in 2020)
I have worked in Sexual Reproductive Healthcare since 1995, spending 20 years working for Brook providing a service for young people and now working in General Practice providing CASH clinics in Primary care across Birmingham and Solihull.
I was fortunate to be part of the original pilot for the PGA in Med Ed (SRH) in 2013 and that is when I had the opportunity to become more formally involved in training. I applied to join the General Training Committee so that I could be part of a team of SRH experts that believe passionately in SRH Education for both Doctors and Nurses.
It has been an amazing opportunity to influence the development of SRH Education. As Chair of the SRH Essentials I have been able to lead on this exciting project currently for practice nurses. We are now looking at increasing the course syllabus and supporting materials so that we can support the FSRH in its vision to improve patients experience to ensure that they have access to a full choice of contraceptive options provided by a trained healthcare professional.
I would encourage anyone who has a passion for Education and improving SRH to apply to be part of this "team", they are the most fabulous bunch of committed, hardworking, knowledgeable and dedicated individuals, many of which have now become personal friends.
Read more about our different committees
Read about our FSRH current committee vacancies