Education Strategy Board
The Education Strategy Board (ESB) reports to the FSRH Council and is responsible for overseeing the FSRH’s Educational & Training portfolio including qualifications, courses and online resources. It takes a broad view of Education & Training and works closely with the E&T team and committees to prioritise areas of work and consider progress.
In 2017, the ESB:
- Continued oversight and support of the various E&T committees and related projects including the Diploma review project
- Considered the requirements and needs of those involved in delivering FSRH qualifications and courses including medical education training
- Progressed the E&T strategy including supporting investment in developing capacity.
In 2018, the ESB aim to:
- Progress the implantation of the E&T strategy to support the quality management of products, to improve access to learning and to grow the portfolio.
- Improve engagement and support to those involved in the delivery of qualifications and training
- To monitor and support the delivery of products and projects
The Board meets three times a year and is co-chaired by the VP for Specialty and VP General Training, who work closely with the Director for Education & Training. The committee is administered by the Education Development Officer.
- Anne Lashford, Vice President General Training (Co-Chair)
- Tracey Masters, Vice President Specialty (Co-Chair)
- Aisling Baird (Chair of the Exams Committee)
- Paula Baraitser (Chair of the International Affairs Committee)
- Janet Barter (Chair of the Specialty Advisory Committee)
- Jane Dickson (Vice President Strategy, present as VP for Equivalence)
- Cindy Farmer (Chair of the General Training Committee)
- Antje Ischebeck (Chair of the Special Skills Module Group)
- Wendy Moore (Nurse Member)
- Shelley Raine (Nurse Member)
- Catherine Schunmann (Chair of the Assessments and Curriculum Committee)