The primary role of the Assessment and Curriculum Committee (ACC) is to support the Specialty Advisory Committee (SAC) in maintaining a high-quality curriculum and effective assessment processes within the Community Sexual and Reproductive Health (CSRH) specialty training programme.
The ACC meets quarterly per annum, its membership includes Module Guardians for the CSRH Curriculum. Trainee representative(s), Patient/public involvement representative(s), Expert(s) on assessment and curriculum development – co-opted when necessary.
The Assessment and Curriculum Committees achievements for 2017
- Produced a curriculum mapping report in collaboration with the Royal College of Physicians of London, Education Department, Joint Royal Colleges of Physicians Training Board, and the Specialist Advisory Committee in Genito-Urinary Medicine with support from Health Education England
- Consulted with the General Medical Council (GMC) on standards for reviewing the CSRH specialty curriculum
- Some minor revision to CSRH curriculum (now 2017 version) of the CSRH Specialty Curriculum
The Assessment and Curriculum Committee’s plans for 2018
- To progress the CSRH curriculum review as part of the GMC 2020 Curriculum Review project
- To progress the MFSRH Exams Review Project
Committee Members Names:
- Dr Catherine Schunmann (Chair)
- Toni Belfield (Patient and Public Involvement Representative)
- Dr Tracey Masters (Vice-president, Specialty)
- Dr Lucy Michie (Co-Trainees Chair)
- Dr Katie Boog (Co-Trainees Chair)
- Module Guardians 1-15 Representatives
- Vinet Campbell (Specialty Development Manager)
- Mitesh Chauhan (Specialty Officer)
Meet the Chair: Dr Catherine Schunmann
Bio: Dr Catherine Schunmann qualified from Manchester Medical School in 1992, gained MRCOG in 1999 and MFSRH in 2011. She was appointed as a consultant in Sexual & Reproductive Health in Norwich in 2011. Her interests include contraception provision around termination of pregnancy and intrauterine contraception.
Why did you join the Assessments and Curriculum Committee?
I was asked to consider joining the committee following involvement with other aspects of training such as ARCPs and shortlisting and interviewing for specialty training posts. Having acted as an Educational Supervisor and Training Programme Director, I am interested to develop my experience of the provision of postgraduate training whilst contributing to the work of the Faculty.
Although new to the role I have already received plenty of help and encouragement from more experienced Faculty members and fellows who are involved in Specialty training. I am looking forward to working in a capacity which is very different from a day to day clinical role and will broaden my professional horizons. In doing so I hope to be of service to CSRH trainees and the Faculty as a whole.
Contact Mitesh Chauhan, Committee Administrator with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more about our different committees
Read about our current committee vacancies