The primary role of the Assessment and Curriculum Committee (ACC) is to support the Specialty Advisory Committee (SAC) in maintaining a high-quality curriculum and effective assessment processes within the Community Sexual and Reproductive Health (CSRH) specialty training programme.
The ACC meets quarterly per annum, its membership includes Trainee representative(s), Patient/public involvement representative(s), Expert(s) on assessment and curriculum development – co-opted when necessary, and FSRH Officer representation from the Vice President (Specialty).
- Dr Catherine Schunmann (Chair)
- Toni Belfield (Patient and Public Involvement Representative)
- Dr Janet Barter (Vice-president, Specialty)
- Dr Charlotte Gatenby (Trainee Representative)
- Dr Donna Russell (Trainee Representative)
- Dr Charlotte Porter (Chair of the Specialty Advisory Committee)
- Dr Indhu Prabakar (Chair of the Examinations Committee)
- Dr Kate Guthrie (CESR Chair)
- Kim Scrivener (Curriculum and Assessment Manager)
- Sam Yosef (Specialty Development Officer)
- Fran Hyatt (Education Development Manager)
- Dr Jo Lawton (Director of Education and Training )
Meet the Chair: Dr Catherine Schunmann
Bio: Dr Catherine Schunmann qualified from Manchester Medical School in 1992, gained MRCOG in 1999 and MFSRH in 2011. She was appointed as a consultant in Sexual & Reproductive Health in Norwich in 2011. Her interests include contraception provision around termination of pregnancy and intrauterine contraception.
Why did you join the Assessments and Curriculum Committee?
I was asked to consider joining the committee following involvement with other aspects of training such as ARCPs and shortlisting and interviewing for specialty training posts. Having acted as an Educational Supervisor and Training Programme Director, I am interested to develop my experience of the provision of postgraduate training whilst contributing to the work of the Faculty.
Although new to the role I have already received plenty of help and encouragement from more experienced Faculty members and fellows who are involved in Specialty training. I am looking forward to working in a capacity which is very different from a day to day clinical role and will broaden my professional horizons. In doing so I hope to be of service to CSRH trainees and the Faculty as a whole.
Contact Sam Yosef, Committee Administrator with any questions at email@example.com.
Read more about our different committees
Read about our current committee vacancies