The primary role of the Assessment and Curriculum Committee (ACC) is to support the Specialty Advisory Committee (SAC) in maintaining a high-quality curriculum and effective assessment processes within the Community Sexual and Reproductive Health (CSRH) specialty training programme.
The ACC meets quarterly per annum, its membership includes Module Guardians for the CSRH Curriculum. Trainee representative(s), Patient/public involvement representative(s), Expert(s) on assessment and curriculum development – co-opted when necessary.
The Assessment and Curriculum Committees achievements for 2018
- Continuing the specialty-wide curriculum and assessment review as specified by the GMC in “Excellence by Design – standards for postgraduate curricula May 2017”
- Obtaining stakeholder feedback on the proposed curriculum
- Beginning the work of redesigning the curriculum in line with GMC specification finalizing the framework for the structure of the new CSRH Curriculum.
The Assessment and Curriculum Committee’s plans for 2019
- Submit Purpose Statement and application form to obtain strategic support for the new curriculum to the GMC – first quarter of 2018.
- Work towards design and submission of the new CSRH Curriculum for GMC approval 2019/2020
- Oversee review of Exams & Assessments to ensure alignment with new CSR Curriculum
- Produce implementation plan including strategy to support Educational Supervisors and Training Programme Directors.
- Work towards implementation and transfer - implementation phase 2021.
Committee Members Names:
- Dr Catherine Schunmann (Chair)
- Toni Belfield (Patient and Public Involvement Representative)
- Dr Tracey Masters (Vice-president, Specialty)
- Charlotte Cossey (Trainee Representative)
- Dr Katie Boog (Trainee Representative)
- Module Guardians 1-15 Representatives
- Janet Barter (Chair of the Specialty Advisory Committee)
- Vinet Campbell (Specialty Development Manager)
- Mitesh Chauhan (Specialty Officer)
- Jo Lawton (Director of Education)
Meet the Chair: Dr Catherine Schunmann
Bio: Dr Catherine Schunmann qualified from Manchester Medical School in 1992, gained MRCOG in 1999 and MFSRH in 2011. She was appointed as a consultant in Sexual & Reproductive Health in Norwich in 2011. Her interests include contraception provision around termination of pregnancy and intrauterine contraception.
Why did you join the Assessments and Curriculum Committee?
I was asked to consider joining the committee following involvement with other aspects of training such as ARCPs and shortlisting and interviewing for specialty training posts. Having acted as an Educational Supervisor and Training Programme Director, I am interested to develop my experience of the provision of postgraduate training whilst contributing to the work of the Faculty.
Although new to the role I have already received plenty of help and encouragement from more experienced Faculty members and fellows who are involved in Specialty training. I am looking forward to working in a capacity which is very different from a day to day clinical role and will broaden my professional horizons. In doing so I hope to be of service to CSRH trainees and the Faculty as a whole.
Contact Mitesh Chauhan, Committee Administrator with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more about our different committees
Read about our current committee vacancies