FSRH Webinars for Healthcare Professionals
FSRH Webinars - launching 2017
As workloads increase and budgets are tightened, we know that it is becoming getting increasingly difficult for healthcare professionals to take time away from work, or get the necessary study funding needed to support professional development.
In May 2016 we held our first ever Webinar and over 350 of you joined us for an interactive hour of case studies, panel debates and quick polls, focusing on the launch of the new UKMEC.
“Webinars must be the way forward at a time of reduced funding, shortage of staff and lack of SPA time” – UKMEC Webinar Participant
FSRH Webinars – helping you to stay at the forefront of SRH Clinical Guidance, research and updates.
After the success of our first Webinar, and as part of our ongoing commitment to improve the support and benefits we provide to our members, we are delighted to announce the launch of FSRH Webinars.
Who are the webinars for?
If SRH is a regular part of your practice, then these webinars are for you.
As the ‘Go-to’ organisation for SRH Professionals, we want to make sure that we are sharing SRH insight, knowledge and expertise as widely as possible, enabling you to deliver the highest quality care to your clients / patients.
Our webinars are suitable for a wide range of healthcare professionals including:
- Specialist Consultants
- Community Pharmacists
What are the Webinars about?
Throughout 2017, our Clinical Effectiveness Unit (CEU) will be publishing a number of key Clinical Guidance documents, and we want to make sure you know about the latest developments and changes in relation to:
- Drug Interactions with Hormonal Contraception – 31st Jan 2017 - Click here to view the recording.
Attendees will be able to:
- Appreciate the importance of determining potential drug interactions between contraceptive hormones and other medications
- Describe the mechanisms of drug interactions that may occur between hormonal contraceptives and other medications
- Identify the resources that are available for checking potential drug interactions
- Assess which methods of contraception are safe and effective if a woman is using other medications
- Contraception Following Pregnancy – 28th Feb 2017 - FSRH Members should log in and navigate to 'My Webinars' to watch this webinar.
- Emergency Contraception – 22nd March 2017 - FSRH Members should log in and navigate to 'My Webinars' to watch this webinar.
- Quick Starting Contraception – 16th May 2017. Click here to learn more and register.
- Contraception for Women over 40 years - TBC
- Combined Hormonal Contraception - TBC
- Contraceptive Choices for young people - TBC
With a mixture of presentations, case studies, interactive voting and Q&A sessions, our webinars will ensure that you are able to participate in the discussions, helping you to gain a deeper understanding of how the latest clinical guidance will impact and inform your practice.
How much do the Webinars cost?
FSRH members, all categories – Free to participate or to download after the event via MY FSRH login area.
- Non FSRH member, GMC registered - £30 to participate or to download after the event.
- Non FSRH member, not GMC registered - £10 to participate or to download after the event.
- Commercial rate - £199 to participate or to download after the event.
“I already have recommended it to my colleagues - I am not IT literate and this was my first attempt and I was pleased with how easy it was” – UKMEC Webinar Participant.
How do the webinars work?
Each webinar (which you will need a pc/laptop/tablet with sound capability, and an internet connection to access) will last for 60 minutes.
At any time during the presentation, you will have the opportunity to type and submit your questions to our presenters.
If your questions are not answered during the webinar, we will ensure that we will post any outstanding responses on our website at www.fsrh.org
If you cannot attend the webinar the recording will be available afterwards to replay at your convenience.
“For Doctors who don't live in major cities it's hard to get to meetings, and we don't want to get all our CPD from online learning modules - Webinars like this bridge the gap” - – UKMEC Webinar Participant
How do I register my interest in joining the free webinar? Read more here and register to join an upcoming webinar.
"I found the Webinar easy to access and the content was delivered at the right level of understanding. All speakers spoke clearly and were very informative. I find the case studies very useful."