If you do not hold a current FSRH Diploma, MFSRH or FFSRH, you must pass (or have recently passed) our online knowledge assessment (the ‘eKA in SRH’). Find out more about the eKA.
If you do hold a current FSRH Diploma, MFSRH or FFSRH, there is no need to take the eKA.
Module 18 of the e-SRH
However, everybody must complete Module 18 of the e-SRH. This is an e-learning package, free to NHS professionals, which contains interactive learning modules on various topics. Each module lasts around 20 minutes. To use the e-SRH, please register with e-Learning for Healthcare (e-LfH).
FSRH Diploma or LoCs - requirement for anaphylaxis training
The entry requirements for the DFSRH, NDFSRH, LoC SDI and LoC IUT include the need for trainees to provide evidence that they are up to date with Basic Life Support and Anaphylaxis Training in accordance with their employer’s local policy. Trainees are encouraged to access local training where available. In the rare instances where this is unavailable, online updating which follows the UK Resuscitation Council standards may be deemed acceptable; there are a number of websites which offer e-learning for a fee. Trainers may choose to accept certificates of completion as suitable evidence. Doctors who register with doctors.net.uk can access free on-line learning through this website.
This initially involves use of a model uterus to practice insertion of mainstream devices, including an IUS and a ‘gold standard’ IUD, until the trainer is satisfied of your competence.
The training then moves to live volunteers: you must complete at least seven insertions competently in order to pass.
1. Your practical training must be completed through a Faculty-recognised General Training Programme – you can find a list of them on our 'Find a Trainer' page when you register or log into 'My FSRH'.
2. You must document all your practical training and obtain the signature of your trainer when you competently complete each stage / insertion. Download a training record.
Once you have completed your training, you may apply for your LoC IUT. To do this, log into ‘My FSRH’ and then complete the online process for:
1. Your LoC IUT training record / application form
2. The online evaluation of your training experience
If you are already experienced in intrauterine techniques and are currently providing intrauterine contraception, you can fast-track your training. Read the training requirements at the top of this page.
Associated fees and costs
• eKA – £75 per sitting.
• Clinical Training – costs are set locally.
• LoC IUT application fee – £53 for current FSRH members (Associates, Members, Fellows and current holders of the Diploma); £265 for non-members.
Please note: even if you do not hold a Diploma or Nurse Diploma, you can still apply to become an Associate Member of the Faculty. This allows you to pay the reduced membership rate for LoC awards and to gain free recertification if you continue to pay the annual Associate Membership fee.