The objectives of the group are to:
• Co-ordinate and work with BASHH in Wales
• Share good protocols and good practice across Wales
• Highlight areas with gaps in SRH services
• Provide professional support for SRH senior clinicians.
Key achievements in 2015:
• Joint scientific meeting with BASHH Wales July 2015
• Joint audit meeting with BASHH Wales October 2015
• Increased collaboration with BASHH Wales - we will take over responsibility for arranging the speakers at the scientific meeting in 2016
• Continued monitoring of the provision of abortion services across Wales
• Shared training across the health boards to widen patient choice in abortion services
• Extension of the Empower to Choose project, an initiative to reduce repeat teenage conceptions by encouraging the uptake of LARCs. This project has been successful in reducing repeat teenage pregnancies.
• Training of looked-after-children nurses and substance misuse health care professionals, in conjunction with Public Health Wales Continued sharing of protocols and examples of good practice, and provision of professional support for S&RH senior clinicians
Chair: Dr Amanda Davies